JWelsh3374

Default Sam Brown

I was watching the "Concert for George" Harrison dvd last night and was blown
outta my chair by a singer named Sam Brown. Woof! What a VOICE!!!!! She sings
w/Jools Holland's big band and has had a few records out, mostly in the UK and
Europe.

WHY ARE WE AMERICANS BEING DENIED THIS AWESOME TALENT?!? We get Britney and
J-ho and all these other talentless dancing bitch clowns and here is quite
possibly the "white Aretha" and I've never even heard of her until this dvd?
WTF?!?!?!???

Anyone in UK or Europe that can hip me on where to buy EVERYTHING this woman
has done, please help!

Wowee wow wow wow...what a voice!

She sang Harrison's "Horse To Water" and blew the roof off the joint!

I never dug that song much but she now owns it! Man...I'm stunned. She is
awesome!

BTW...the DVD is very cool. Touching but rocking.

McCartney seemed VERY subdued and one has to wonder if he was thinking of his
own, and the other 50-60-somethings onstage that night, mortality. Very
interesting McCartney performance.
searching for peace, love and quality footwear
guido

http://www.guidotoons.com
http://www.theloniousmoog.com
http://www.luckymanclark.com
Neil Henderson

talentless dancing bitch clowns

Another great name for a band.

I can see the video credits now:

Artist: Talentless Dancing Bitch Clowns/Feat: Somegangsta Rappa Ondasamelabel
Song: Be Mah Bitch, Bitch (Remix)
Album: TDBC Comin' Ta Getcha (Feat: Music from some film distributed by the
same conglomerate)
Label: Sony/Bitchclown

NeilH
JWelsh3374

Music from some film distributed by the
same conglomerate)
Label: Sony/Bitchclown

Yeah, baby! ROFLMFAO!

searching for peace, love and quality footwear
guido

http://www.guidotoons.com
http://www.theloniousmoog.com
http://www.luckymanclark.com
JWelsh3374

Information and a discography are at http://www.onecandle.co.uk/ and the
UK bit of Amazon has a fair amount of it http://tinyurl.com/yxak

Found it, thanks!

Woof!

searching for peace, love and quality footwear
guido

http://www.guidotoons.com
http://www.theloniousmoog.com
http://www.luckymanclark.com

Don Pearce

On 12 Dec 2003 13:42:33 GMT, ojunk (JWelsh3374)
wrote:

[...]

She is the daughter of Joe Brown, sometime skiffle and rock'n'roll man
(Joe Brown and the Bruvvers). As you say, an awesome talent. Last time
I saw her she was singing backing (and leads) with Pink Floyd at Earls
Court in here in London. She is VERY well appreciated in the industry,
but I guess the charts simply aren't the place for anyone who is not
prepared to mime while performing aerobic exercises.

_____________________________

http://www.pearce.uk.com
Don Cooper

JWelsh3374 wrote:

I was watching the "Concert for George" Harrison dvd last night and was blown
outta my chair by a singer named Sam Brown. Woof! What a VOICE!!!!!

Very impressive.

BTW...the DVD is very cool. Touching but rocking.

There were tears and laughs in my house.

McCartney seemed VERY subdued and one has to wonder if he was thinking of his
own, and the other 50-60-somethings onstage that night, mortality. Very
interesting McCartney performance.

The only thing I've like by him in 25-30 years.

Don
jt

I was watching the "Concert for George" Harrison dvd last night and was blown
outta my chair by a singer named Sam Brown. Woof! What a VOICE!!!!! She sings
w/Jools Holland's big band and has had a few records out, mostly in the UK and
Europe.

I had two discs she did in the early 90s / late 80s.

Indeed she has a wonderful voice, but I thought the songwriting and
production were bland, forgettable, and often too precious or sugary.

I'd certainly rather listen to Sam than Britney, but on the records I
heard, Sam's voice was wasted due to lousy music behind her. Maybe she
should do an a cappella record? :-)

I saw about 4 of her videos from the same time period - she's a cutie
too!

JT
EggHd

Didn't she have a couple of records out on A&M in the latter part of the '80's?
I remember a buzz at the time.

Somewhere in my brain is also that she was married to a producer..... I could
have people mixed up.

---------------------------------------
Patric D'Eimon

with unquestioned accuracy of thought, EggHd replied:

Didn't she have a couple of records out on A&M in the latter part of the
'80's?
I remember a buzz at the time.

Somewhere in my brain is also that she was married to a producer..... I could
have people mixed up.

---------------------------------------

Are you thinking of Sam Philips? "The Incredibe Wow". Patric

Peter Duemmler

Didnīt she have the Top-10 hit "Stop" back then?
That song was big at least here in Germany.

Peter
---
http://www.merlinsound.de

EggHd wrote:
Didn't she have a couple of records out on A&M in the latter part of
the '80's? I remember a buzz at the time.

Somewhere in my brain is also that she was married to a producer.....
I could have people mixed up.

EggHd

Are you thinking of Sam Philips? "The Incredibe Wow". Patric

Thats it...

---------------------------------------
David Newton

Sam Brown had a couple of UK near hits in the late 80's, including the
aforementioned "Stop", & another called (from memory) "See The Day".
Also brother Pete Brown was a producer / engineer during this period,
lending his talents to discs by bands like The Soup Dragons & (my old
band) The Mighty Lemon Drops. He worked out of Powerplant in London at
the same time as onetime r.a.p contributor Julian (Jules) Standen if I
remember!!!

David Newton

http://www.rollercoasterrecording.com

Tony Roe

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 02:45:32 +0100, "Peter Duemmler"
wrote:

Didnīt she have the Top-10 hit "Stop" back then?
That song was big at least here in Germany.

And here in Australia too. Saw her live as a support act - what a wonderful
voice, although she was obviously more at home hidden behind her keyboard than
out front. I still play and very much enjoy the album occasionally.
Tony (remove the "_" to reply by email)
Roger W. Norman

"EggHd" wrote in message
Didn't she have a couple of records out on A&M in the latter part of the

'80's?
I remember a buzz at the time.

Yes, Stop in 1988 and another one earlier. I would like to hear her stuff
with Jools Holland's big band. She has the chops.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio