Figaro

Default Help with using TV as Center Channel Speaker

Is this a feasible proposition, short of placing an unsightly speaker
on top of my beautiful TV? I notice the center channel speaker output
on the receiver and the tv audio input are of different types. is
there a way to get around this problem via an adapter? please advise.
thanks.

Chris Hornbeck

On 24 Mar 2005 20:05:34 -0800, "Figaro" wrote:

Is this a feasible proposition, short of placing an unsightly speaker
on top of my beautiful TV? I notice the center channel speaker output
on the receiver and the tv audio input are of different types. is
there a way to get around this problem via an adapter? please advise.
thanks.

Can you select that audio input on your TV without changing
the source of the picture too? That's not the usual case, is
why I'm asking.

But anyway, isn't the sound quality of the dialog important
to you? Maybe find a sightly speaker? Or double centers on both
sides? Just a thought.

Good fortune,

Chris Hornbeck
Cyrus

In article .com,
"Figaro" wrote:

Is this a feasible proposition, short of placing an unsightly speaker
on top of my beautiful TV? I notice the center channel speaker output
on the receiver and the tv audio input are of different types. is
there a way to get around this problem via an adapter? please advise.
thanks.

It *may* work to taste, but unless you can input only the center channel
information to the tv and its reproducing the full mix.. the tv may muck
up the imaging from your mains. Oh and also that you don't mind the
bandlimited response of tv speakers.

Try it and see what happens. If you don't like the setup, you can go
from there.

Using the tv as a center is certainly not *correct*, but who says whats
correct in your house?

hth,

--
Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

center channel speaker recommendations for someone with hearing loss Power Cat Audio Opinions 2 November 3rd 04 09:04 PM
Designs for a single frequency high performance AM-MW receiver? Gary Jensen Vacuum Tubes 141 June 30th 04 07:13 PM
Center Channel Question neamb2 Tech 15 December 29th 03 01:59 AM
WTB: KEF Model 100 center channel speaker John Lansdowne Marketplace 0 October 10th 03 09:45 PM
WTB: KEF Model 100 center channel speaker John Lansdowne Marketplace 0 September 12th 03 06:33 PM