Posted to rec.audio.tech
Huw Gwilliam Huw Gwilliam is offline

Default Sound Ideas Digiffects Series J (SFX) [CD-03]

I wondered if anyone here might be able to help me; A long time ago I
inherited a few cds from the Sound Ideas Digiffects Series J (The
special effects set) from a friend of a friend who's studio went south
in the mid nineties. They were in good fettle but as irony dictates,
the best one (IMHO) - CD3 was not so well looked after (nor mastered -
the silver has discoloured massively too) and trying to rip from it
recently I could not get much usable data from it.

Turning (as you do these days) to the torrents, I managed to find one
tucked into a corner of the internet - what joy! - but then
über-annoyingly it stalled unfinished at about 96% done. And it's RAR
compressed so totally useless unless 100% complete.

So I'm wondering if anyone here might have, or know of a way of getting
hold of a rip of it? Ideally WAV, AIFF or Lossless (flac or apple
flavors are fine) but 320kbps mp3 would be also be ok.

Many thanks in advance for any help/leads on this. I know it's still
available but it's expensive!
huw.gwilliam(at)gmail.com

Huw

Posted to rec.audio.tech

Huw Gwilliam wrote:

I wondered if anyone here might be able to help me;

I can try: To test your claim of a valid license you should try to get
replacement media from the vendor for free or at media + handling cost since
you claim - possibly rightly so - that the media is defective by having
deteriorated. Please tell us the result, it is actually a very good question
to ask.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Huw Gwilliam[_2_] Huw Gwilliam[_2_] is offline

Well I've written to them - let's see what (if anything) they say!
Thanks for replying; Don't really use messageboards much and thought I
might just be talking into a void!

Best
Huw

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Huw Gwilliam[_2_] Huw Gwilliam[_2_] is offline

Well they got back to me - seems since I wasn't the original owner of
the disks they aren't too keen to help with a replacement; Yah boo!