Posted to rec.audio.tech
ChrisCoaster ChrisCoaster is offline

Default Self Adjustable EQ for the I-Touch

I asked this over at the Apple I-Pod Touch group, but expectedly got
no replies because the people who use apple products probably wouldn't
even know what an equalizer IS:

I currently own a 16gigabyte Sandisk Sansa View - the ULTIMATE I-Pod
killer. It has all the best features of all brands of mp3 players
out there in ONE machine, but it has a glaring technical foul: it
freezes up and jams up when placed in "shuffle" mode. With that in
mind I am seriously considering a Touch based upon the responses to
my
questions.

I know there are EQ apps out there for the touch that allow one to
tweak their own sound instead of using one of Apple's notorious
presets. I have read everywhere about how EQ curves can be applied
specific songs in i-tunes or on the player itself, yata yata yata,
but . .

All I want is GLOBAL graphic EQ. That is, I can set the EQ any way I
want, while music is playing or not, and forget it!

Does this exist in the I-Touch world?

Thanks,

ChrisCoaster

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Trevor is offline

"ChrisCoaster" wrote in message
I currently own a 16gigabyte Sandisk Sansa View - the ULTIMATE I-Pod
killer. It has all the best features of all brands of mp3 players
out there in ONE machine, but it has a glaring technical foul: it
freezes up and jams up when placed in "shuffle" mode. With that in
mind I am seriously considering a Touch based upon the responses to
my
questions.

You mean you are happy to dump the "ULTIMATE I-Pod killer" and spend more
money just because you can't use shuffle mode!
Hell I'd rather just use playlists anyway!!!

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

ChrisCoaster wrote:

All I want is GLOBAL graphic EQ. That is, I can set the EQ any way I
want, while music is playing or not, and forget it!

no no no no, we can not have users trusted to do that.

Does this exist in the I-Touch world?

joke
No, you need to get another colour i*, it will come with a tonal colour to
match.
/joke

ChrisCoaster

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

ChrisCoaster wrote:

I currently own a 16gigabyte Sandisk Sansa View - the ULTIMATE I-Pod
killer. It has all the best features of all brands of mp3 players
out there in ONE machine, but it has a glaring technical foul: it
freezes up and jams up when placed in "shuffle" mode.

Having such a fault definitely disqualifies it as an iPod killer.

I have one. It's got an additional problem - It took me like three
minutes wandering through the menus to find the volume control. No way
this little gadget counts as an iPod killer in any way shape or form. I
even use a spare set of iPod ear buds with mine for the better sound
isloation. But it was cheap and it plays audiobooks in chapter order
just fine. It's easy to tell it to repeat the chapter that it just
finished. And that's all I expect from it - Audiobooks in chapter order
with trivial replay of the last chapter for use while I am in the gym on
the quieter half of the machines.

Hardly an iPod killer. It's inexpensive (which is why I bought it) for
a reason. It's cheap. But it does what I want it to for my specific
application.
Posted to rec.audio.tech

On Apr 4, 11:30*am, Doug Freyburger wrote:
ChrisCoaster wrote:

[...]

___________________

Looking through a menu to find a volume control? Please help me
understand this! It's that BIG BLUE lit up wheel on the front.

Remarkably, the freezing up in shuffle is the ONLY issue I've had with
these. Others are reporting, in addition...

- Won't turn on

- Can't find their music(!)

- Left(or right) channel cuts out

- Windows will "see" only one storage area(either the View itself OR
the SD card! - if so installed)

- Unit crashes during uploading of music, videos,etc.

- Add your miseries here!

I have noticed a tendency for the View to not display image with
music(Album art??) on some mp3s I know have it. But that's a minor
concession. It drives headphones you would think would need an amp,
decently, and the EQ allows me to approximate a pretty DAMN GOOD EQUAL
LOUDNESS CONTOUR, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! - psych, I'm not yelling -
just my warped sense of humor.

And my recharge cycle is still *almost* as long as it was out of the
box(8 months ago).

-CC

Touch sensitive vrs. Non-touch sensitive flying faders? Danny T Pro Audio 7 December 26th 06 07:08 PM
adjustable OHM ? Antispammer Car Audio 5 August 29th 06 05:43 AM
Is this likely to be adjustable? Cassette deck... mc Tech 8 December 18th 05 08:14 AM
+150 to +800V adjustable psu Gregg Vacuum Tubes 9 August 7th 04 04:53 PM
MB Quart question - adjustable? John Matlock Car Audio 12 September 12th 03 03:15 PM