Posted to rec.audio.tech
Cheesehead Cheesehead is offline

Default CD mechanism cleaning

I have a Philips CD burner, The left side, the writer, works
perfectly. But the right side, the player, will not eject. I pulled
it out and noticed that the mechanism felt like the lubricants had
gummed up with age. I could slide the whit gear lever on the bottom
and it would open, but it was stiff.
What's the best way to clean this so that it will work as it should?

TIA,

Collin

DAT Mechanism chris hipkiss Pro Audio 26 February 3rd 19 07:08 PM
Philips CDM-9/65 cd mechanism Michael Duffy Tech 2 August 13th 05 01:02 PM
Cleaning out a can cap? Revolvr Vacuum Tubes 3 December 25th 03 12:22 AM
Cleaning up LPs leo Pro Audio 36 October 20th 03 06:41 PM
Troubleshooting cassette tape transport mechanism jbclem Tech 1 August 18th 03 04:24 AM