Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Dec [Cluskey] Dec [Cluskey] is offline

Default Pop Filter for Small Mic

On Jul 6, 3:45*pm, mcp6453 wrote:
Our annual awards show is in the works. Every year, there is a problem with the
lectern mics (previously discussed here at length.) In short, the problem is the
presenters and recipients are not used to the room acoustics in the theater, so

Hi

Whenever I am involved in such a presentation I have the opposite
problem ....

The guys simply will not go near the mic. ... such that the engineer
is constantly boosting trying to get the voice to a decent audible
level ... thus feedback!

I normally approach each of the speakers before the show ... tell them
to put the mic. on their bottom lip and leave it there .... "or I will
break their legs" .... that last warning usually works?

May I suggest you do the same but with the instruction to stand up
straight and disregard the mic. "let the sound engineer do his job -
or I will break your legs!"

Done with a smile, this has got to work .... I find it odd that older
guys want to eat the mic.

Prince William tried to bend down and do that very thing on the TV
News from Academy in the USA last night ...

Regards

Dec [Cluskey] http://www.deccluskey.co.uk/blog

weighting filter icecube Tech 4 May 23rd 08 07:25 AM
What is Anti-Spam Filter.(thunderbird spam filter) zak07000 Pro Audio 0 March 27th 08 04:41 PM
Filter caps Carey Carlan Pro Audio 81 January 15th 08 06:58 AM
Regarding polyphase IIR filter. venkat Pro Audio 3 January 20th 07 10:17 PM
Which filter? Frogleg Pro Audio 5 May 18th 06 06:54 PM