Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

Default Advice To Others Wanting to Build A Stereo System

Mental Defective wrote in
message ...

Trevor wrote ...

You forgot to tell him that he's responding to a "bot". It's always
hilarious when you fall face-first into that stinking pile of dog****.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

John Williamson wrote: "No, it happens no matter what the designer
wants to happen. It's the laws of physics that dictate what happens to
speaker impedance as frequency and drive power change. "

Are you saying there's no way for designers
to change the impedance curve of a given
speaker or headphone driver, which in turn
affects freq. response?

So then how do some models of Beats by
Dre phones have a reputation for being all
'boom'and little else, vs the relatively transparent
HD-600? Is that all random? Left to chance?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

THECK-MAAAAAAAH! jabbered in message

Are you saying there's no way for designers
to change the impedance curve of a given
speaker or headphone driver, which in turn
affects freq. response?

So then how do some models of Beats by
Dre phones have a reputation for being all
'boom'and little else, vs the relatively transparent
HD-600? Is that all random? Left to chance?

You forgot to read the post you're replying to. Especially, the part where
Williamson advised,

"You keep showing your ignorance by saying things like 'gut instinct' when
writing about scientifically verifiable and explicable facts.

"Do all of us a favour and take an evening class in basic electronics, ask
the teacher about anything you don't understand after it's been explained,
then you will be able to do the calculations and, just possibly not need to
ask dumb questions in here. It's not rocket science, it's barely horse and
buggy complexity if you stick to rules."

So, instead of taking the advice, you continue to show ignorance and ask
stupid questions. If you're too stupid to understand basic electronics or
elementary math, you will continue to be an ignorant dumb ****. If
Williamson were to give you an accurate, factual response to your latest
stupid question, you would not understand it. Dumb ****.

FCKWAFA!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

wrote:
Are you saying there's no way for designers
to change the impedance curve of a given
speaker or headphone driver, which in turn
affects freq. response?

Other way around. You design for the frequency response, and you get
the impedance curve that you get.

Because what you -care- about is the frequency response. You don't really
care so much about the impedance plot, just as long as it doesn't dip too low.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

geoff wrote: "Beats headphones are designed for exaggerated bass in order to appeal
appeal to people who are impressed by exaggerated bass, and peer or
marketing pressure.

geoff "

So since I got it backwards - thinking freq. response is
altered by changing impedance curve - how IS freq.
response arrived at in a transducer?