Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

Default Op Amp Labs Transformers

On Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 7:49:09 PM UTC-5, Phil Allison wrote:
wrote:

--------------------------

I'm particularly interested in how badly they ring. What causes an audio
transformer to ring?

60Hz transformers hum,

** A lot of force comes from the 60Hz supply acting on anything magnetic with a bunch of wire wound around it. This is single, low frequency, forced vibration, not resonance.

You know, in AC solenoids a shorting ring is beneficial to keep 60 Hz buzzing to a minimum, as the shorting ring provides a CEMF!!!!

Jack

so at the right audio resonant frequency,
I guess the core could resonate and ring, physically!!

** The sort of ringing being referred to here happens at high audio and supersonic frequencies - needs test gear to see.

Folk fuss about it cos it indicates non flat response.

..... Phil

Opamp Labs Transformers mcp6453[_2_] Pro Audio 2 April 18th 17 05:23 PM
FS: Haufe output transformers (Telefunken V672) + Telefunken power transformers Andy Pro Audio 2 September 26th 06 05:59 PM
3D Labs Alberto High End Audio 0 November 27th 03 06:36 AM
new little labs box? Fill X Pro Audio 6 October 2nd 03 01:31 PM
Tara Labs "One ISM" New! choro-nik Marketplace 0 July 3rd 03 02:33 AM