SHURE M97xe Phono Cartridge: Any Good?

Old July 1st 04, 06:23 PM
Alex Moore

Default SHURE M97xe Phono Cartridge: Any Good?

Hi All: I decided to breakdown & jump back into the vinyl world. I
currently have about 600 albums & purchased a new NAD 533 TT. It has a
Goldring "Electra" cartridge but was damaged upon arrival. NAD will
replace this for me, but I thought I would score a new cartridge for
the time being.

I want to spend no more then $100.00 I always used Shure's in the past
& felt pretty good about them. Although, I always had a pretty cheap
TT (i.e. JVC & Pioneer) Any insight into the Shure M97xe? I noticed
that the Grado line get's some decent raves.

Well in any of your vinyl pros can point me in the right direction, it
would be appreciated!

Alex

Old July 2nd 04, 12:23 AM
Uptown Audio

The Grado Red is about that price and much better. Also the Rega Bias
is a good cartridge and was actually designed for that table, which is
a Rega P2 similar. The Grado has a warmer tone and the Rega is more
dynamic, so a listen would be best but if you have to pick blind
either will be much nicer than the Shure or the Goldring.
-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA
(540) 343-1250