Camcorder -> Receiver -> TV -> Confused

Old December 29th 03, 02:06 AM
Matt

Default Camcorder -> Receiver -> TV -> Confused

Hello,

I am not having any luck viewing my Sony TRV-250 camcorder video
output when input into a Panasonic SA-HE100K a/v receiver and sent to
a TV.

Other components include:
Zenith TV (inputs: A/V, S-Vid, Coax)
RCA VCR (A/V out)
Panasonic DVD Player (Composite Video, Component Video, S-Video, Opt.
Audio)

The cable connection goes into the VCR and then out to the TV.

The VCR A/V output goes into the receiver via an RCA Y-adapter +
yellow connector, but I was unsuccessful getting the video playback to
the TV without the coax cable connector going from the VCR to the TV.

The DVD is hooked up via an S-Video connector and optical audio to the
receiver, and the picture is sent out via an S-Video connector to the
TV, works fine.

I had a spare composite video cable that came with the DVD player, so
I used the audio connectors to send the TV audio signal into the
receiver, and the yellow connector from the receiver's TV/Monitor Out
to the TV Video input, hoping that any "yellow" video signals could be
sent to the TV.

I've hooked the camcorder into the front A/V hookup on the receiver,
and switched the receiver to VCR2 input. Playback of recorded tape
from the camcorder only brings back the audio, no video signal seems
to be sent to the TV.

The TV only has one S-Video channel, VCR uses channel 4.

Am I missing a connection here? Really confused...

Thanks,
Matt
Old December 29th 03, 06:25 AM
Gerry

On 28 Dec 2003 18:06:29 -0800, (Matt) wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am not having any luck viewing my Sony TRV-250 camcorder video
>output when input into a Panasonic SA-HE100K a/v receiver and sent to
>a TV.

The basic problem is that when you plug in the s-video connector into
the jack on the TV, it breaks the connection to the RCA video-in jack.
Try plugging in the yellow video connector while the s-video connector
is plugged in. You will get no signal from the VCR. Now unplug the
s-video connector from the TV. Instantly you see the video from the VCR.

There are two possible fixes:
a) buy a converter that changes the video signal into an s-video signal
(you lose some of the already poor signal quality).
b)buy a new VCR that has s-video connectors built in.

I'm in the process of implementing the type b) fix.

Neufie

Old December 29th 03, 06:25 AM
Gerry

Old December 29th 03, 06:25 AM