Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default What's the best digital music-recording program for a Macintoshcomputer user?

geoff wrote:
On 12/10/2017 2:50 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

ACID is not a DAW, it's a very specific tool for building music from loops.
It has absolutely nothing to do with a DAW and frequently is used to produce
files which are imported into a DAW.

Um Scott, hate to quibble especially in these circumstances, but what
DAW functions is ACID lacking ?

I'd say the thing wasn't that it was lacking audio editing functions
(although it kind of is because the UI for doing that seems clumsy to me)
more than that they are dwarfed by the other functions that are added.

You can use it as a DAW... but it's not software intended primarily for that.

And I wouldn't want to be comping orchestral takes with it.