Our 70th album released and lots of TV in the UK.

Old July 15th 08, 11:43 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Dec [Cluskey]

Default Our 70th album released and lots of TV in the UK.

Hi Gang

It's not like me to boast [grin!] but I am over the moon with
excitment at what is happening in the next two weeks. Now you know
why I have been quiet recently ... because the preparations have been
humungous.

Universal have cottoned on to the fact that I have been in this
business since 1958 ... making that 50 years in a wonderful
Industry .... hits coming out of my ears through my career. I started
when at school, aged 12 years ... crazy really! Performing almost
every night while studying ... that was tough.

So they are releasing our 70th album entitled 'I Believe - The Best of
The Bachelors' ... all the hits plus more and also brand new recently
recorded material .... one of the new tracks 'Somewhere' is getting a
lot of attention ... tipped for a single.

So, it looks like Dec will be in the chart again .. sounds crazy to
me ... but Hey!

In the UK - Check out BBC Breakfast TV on Thurs.17th July 9 am
approx. Also the prime time 'This Morning' show ... on Monday 21st
11.30 am approx. ... on the release date. We will be all over the
newspapers and doing lots of Radio stuff ... including my favourite
'Front Row' on Radio 4 .. that is another life time ambition realised!

Amazon are doing a pre-release special for pre-orders.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...121_pe_snp_THK

Am I excited? What do you think?

And why the success? Because I always believe in the philosophy of
Jack Lemmon, Kevin Spacey and myself: "when you get to the top,
always send the elevator back down for the next guy". It's an idea I
try to give to all other successful guys but they rarely subscribe to
it.

Regards

Dec [Cluskey]
Old July 15th 08, 12:18 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Chris Whealy

Dec [Cluskey] wrote:
> Hi Gang
>
> It's not like me to boast [grin!] but I am over the moon with
> excitment at what is happening in the next two weeks. Now you know
> why I have been quiet recently ... because the preparations have been
> humungous.
>
> Universal have cottoned on to the fact that I have been in this
> business since 1958 ... making that 50 years in a wonderful
> Industry .... hits coming out of my ears through my career. I started
> when at school, aged 12 years ... crazy really! Performing almost
> every night while studying ... that was tough.
>
> So they are releasing our 70th album entitled 'I Believe - The Best of
> The Bachelors' ... all the hits plus more and also brand new recently
> recorded material .... one of the new tracks 'Somewhere' is getting a
> lot of attention ... tipped for a single.
>
> So, it looks like Dec will be in the chart again .. sounds crazy to
> me ... but Hey!
>
> In the UK - Check out BBC Breakfast TV on Thurs.17th July 9 am
> approx. Also the prime time 'This Morning' show ... on Monday 21st
> 11.30 am approx. ... on the release date. We will be all over the
> newspapers and doing lots of Radio stuff ... including my favourite
> 'Front Row' on Radio 4 .. that is another life time ambition realised!
>
> Amazon are doing a pre-release special for pre-orders.
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...121_pe_snp_THK
>
> Am I excited? What do you think?
>
> And why the success? Because I always believe in the philosophy of
> Jack Lemmon, Kevin Spacey and myself: "when you get to the top,
> always send the elevator back down for the next guy". It's an idea I
> try to give to all other successful guys but they rarely subscribe to
> it.
>
> Regards
>
> Dec [Cluskey]

Congrats Dec!!

Chris W

--
The voice of ignorance speaks loud and long,
But the words of the wise are quiet and few.