Steve

Default New amp dead out of the box???

I went to a local dealer this morning to have new amp installed for my sub.
It was dead. Actually, the power light came on but there was no sound. I
have never had that happen or heard of that happening. Any similar
experiences?

Thanks,
Steve

joe.ker

With most of the better name brands, it happens but rare.
With some of the flea market and pawn shop type equipment it's rare when it
works :-)

--
The Clown Prince of Car Stereo

om...

Steve wrote:
I went to a local dealer this morning to have new amp installed for

my sub.
It was dead. Actually, the power light came on but there was no

sound. I
have never had that happen or heard of that happening. Any similar
experiences?

Thanks,
Steve

PRobably not connected the wires not right. Even small mistake can
cause
no power. My amp was dead about a week ago. I checked the all the wire
and it was all right. I couldn't find anything wrong. so I checked it
again and again and I finally find the power wire was not connected
right.
IT was look alright but when I measured voltages i ain't got no +12.
The connection was there but no +12volts flow to amp. Well I tighted
the thec contact point again then I got +12volts.

Sean Scott

"Steve" wrote in message
om...
I went to a local dealer this morning to have new amp installed for my sub.
It was dead. Actually, the power light came on but there was no sound. I
have never had that happen or heard of that happening. Any similar
experiences?

Thanks,
Steve

I bought an audiobahn amp from circuit city once, installed it and the power
light just came on for 3 seconds then started flashing, no sound at all, I
will never buy from CC or audiobahn again, no I did not have CC install and
yes my install was fine as the next amp I bought works great.

mightymouse68

I had this happen last year. In my case the gain was all the way down
and I didn't realize it. HA!