Default Cause of certain channels coming and going

I've got an Aiwa car stereo with a detachable faceplate. I've noticed
in the past that sometimes the front drivers side speaker is not
outputting any sound, or outputting very low sound, but sometimes
sounds fine.
This seems to change based on a few variables including:
*going over a bump in the road (this could cause it to shift either way
- to sound or no sound)
*pushing the head unit "in" a little bit

In the case of the latter, I'm not sure if this is due to the
connections behind the HU, or the connection of the faceplate to the
HU.

Any thoughts about this being the speakers/stereos fault, and how I
should go about correcting it?

Thanks

Have you cleaned the contacts on the back of the face plate and the
head unit with alcohol. See if that helps.

joe.ker

The most likely cause is either wire connection behind the radio. a loose
pin in the connector to the head unit, or a bad solder connection inside the
head unit where that plug-in is soldered to the pc board. I don't think it's
the face plate. Nothing in the faceplate I know of, can cause that problem.

--
The Clown Prince of Car Stereo

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've got an Aiwa car stereo with a detachable faceplate. I've noticed
in the past that sometimes the front drivers side speaker is not
outputting any sound, or outputting very low sound, but sometimes
sounds fine.
This seems to change based on a few variables including:
*going over a bump in the road (this could cause it to shift either way
- to sound or no sound)
*pushing the head unit "in" a little bit

In the case of the latter, I'm not sure if this is due to the
connections behind the HU, or the connection of the faceplate to the
HU.

Any thoughts about this being the speakers/stereos fault, and how I
should go about correcting it?

Thanks

Maybe. Maybe not. I have had two decks that acted up until I cleaned
the faceplate contacts. Its at least the easiest first step. Won't hurt
anything

Worst case scenario is you have to just follow the wires from your head
unit to the speakers, starting w/ the faceplate isn't a bad suggestion.
Then when that doesn't work, the best place to look is behind the head
unit. 90% chance its there.