Mark

Default 6x9 rear deck speakers

I'm installing Infinity 3 way 6x9 speakers in the rear deck of an old
Chevy Corsica ('91). I find out that nothing is lining up, mounting
holes must be drilled in the metal deck, the speaker holes in the deck
are too small, the hardware provided is totally baffling and the
instructions are laughable. It appears the speakers must be mounted
from underneath (in the trunk), the grill on the top, and the deck
sandwiched in between. Has anyone tried to do similar? Any help
would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark
joe.ker

I believe the oem speaker in that vehicle were in baskets that hung under
the deck.
the easies thing to do is to just mount them from undernth the rear deck and
not use the grille's that came with the infinities

--
The Clown Prince of Car Stereo

"Mark" wrote in message
I'm installing Infinity 3 way 6x9 speakers in the rear deck of an old
Chevy Corsica ('91). I find out that nothing is lining up, mounting
holes must be drilled in the metal deck, the speaker holes in the deck
are too small, the hardware provided is totally baffling and the
instructions are laughable. It appears the speakers must be mounted
from underneath (in the trunk), the grill on the top, and the deck
sandwiched in between. Has anyone tried to do similar? Any help
would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark

Bob

Mark wrote:
:I'm installing Infinity 3 way 6x9 speakers in the rear deck of an old
:Chevy Corsica ('91). I find out that nothing is lining up, mounting
:holes must be drilled in the metal deck, the speaker holes in the deck
:are too small, the hardware provided is totally baffling and the
:instructions are laughable. It appears the speakers must be mounted
:from underneath (in the trunk), the grill on the top, and the deck
:sandwiched in between. Has anyone tried to do similar? Any help
:would be appreciated.
:Thanks,
:Mark

It's been a while since I've had a car with a rear deck but as I recall
that was how my 6x9's mounted as well. Seems like the mounting studs
came down through the grill and then through themetal deck and
protruded into the trunk and through the mounting holes in the speaker
frame, and then nuts held the speaker onto the mounting studs. Once
you get the nuts onto the studs, I remember tightening the stud up from
inside the car. It may take two people...one to hold the nuts and
another to tighten the stud.

Bob
spam

Mark wrote:
I'm installing Infinity 3 way 6x9 speakers in the rear deck of an old
Chevy Corsica ('91). I find out that nothing is lining up, mounting
holes must be drilled in the metal deck, the speaker holes in the deck
are too small, the hardware provided is totally baffling and the
instructions are laughable. It appears the speakers must be mounted
from underneath (in the trunk), the grill on the top, and the deck
sandwiched in between. Has anyone tried to do similar? Any help
would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark

Most older GM vehicles used the mentioned metal basket to hold the 6*9
in place. usually, the basket would have to be bent or extended to hold
a speaker with a larger magnet.