What is the most powerful audio output tube?

Old April 5th 17, 07:09 AM posted to rec.audio.tubes
Patrick Turner

Default What is the most powerful audio output tube?

On Friday, 9 December 2016 02:20:48 UTC+11, wrote:
> What is the most powerful audio output tube, as far as RMS wattage
> output?
>
> I have gotten some powerful sound from four 6L6 tubes in push-pull
> parallel. but I want more. I know it's possible to use eight 6L6 tubes,
> which I believe is called " push-pull parallel - parallel", but I'm
> looking into other possible tubes.
>
> At one time, I thought the 807 tube was more powerful than the 6L6, but
> after careful research, it's almost identical, but with a different
> envelope (plate on the top cap).
>
> I'm looking to get a full 500W RMS (or more) output (per channel), from
> all tubes, .... With four 6L6 tubes in PPP, I can only get around 120W
> RMS (per channel).

Consider 500W with say 12 pairs of 6L6.
Or here, http://www.turneraudio.com.au/300w-monobloc-about.html
It is a lot of work to make high Po.
Patrick Turner.

Old March 20th 18, 03:33 AM posted to rec.audio.tubes

There is the KT150 under the Tung-Sol name, made in Russia. There are mixed reports on how it actually sounds but it is intended as an audio tube and not a transmitter tube.

http://www.tungsol.com/html/kt150-tung-sol.html