What is the 6 volt equivalant to a 35L6 or 50L6?

Old November 20th 18, 06:34 AM posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default What is the 6 volt equivalant to a 35L6 or 50L6?

I want to convert a hot chassis radio-amp to run on a power transformer.
All other tubes are 12v filament. (except rectifier, which I will change
to silicone diodes). I would assume a 6L6 would be the same, but I know
that is not the case. A 6L6 is high powered,m where a 35 or 50L6 is low
power, probably more like a 6V6. Is there any direct replacement with a
6 volt (or 12v) filament?

Old November 20th 18, 01:27 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck[_2_]

On Tuesday, November 20, 2018 at 12:34:48 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> I want to convert a hot chassis radio-amp to run on a power transformer.
> All other tubes are 12v filament. (except rectifier, which I will change
> to silicone diodes). I would assume a 6L6 would be the same, but I know
> that is not the case. A 6L6 is high powered,m where a 35 or 50L6 is low
> power, probably more like a 6V6. Is there any direct replacement with a
> 6 volt (or 12v) filament?

6F6 comes immediately to mind.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Old November 23rd 18, 07:43 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes
MarkS[_3_]

On Tuesday, November 20, 2018 at 12:34:48 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> I want to convert a hot chassis radio-amp to run on a power transformer.
> All other tubes are 12v filament. (except rectifier, which I will change
> to silicone diodes). I would assume a 6L6 would be the same, but I know
> that is not the case. A 6L6 is high powered,m where a 35 or 50L6 is low
> power, probably more like a 6V6. Is there any direct replacement with a
> 6 volt (or 12v) filament?

6W6GT is a direct equivalent exc heater voltage. However, this thing draws 1.2A at 6.3v. At tube like the aforementioned 6F6 or the 6V6 could probably be used in its place.
Old November 26th 18, 03:51 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck[_2_]

On Friday, November 23, 2018 at 1:43:10 PM UTC-5, MarkS wrote:

> 6W6GT is a direct equivalent exc heater voltage. However, this thing draws 1.2A at 6.3v. At tube like the aforementioned 6F6 or the 6V6 could probably be used in its place.

In rank order:

6V6: 0.45 A on the heater.
6F6: 0.72 A on the heater.
6W6: 1.2 A on the heater.
50L6: 0.15 A on the heater.
12L6: 0.6 A on the heater.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

12SK7 + 35L6 +35Z5 [email protected] Vacuum Tubes 2 October 20th 05 08:59 PM
70 Volt Wiring e.maynard Pro Audio 25 June 30th 05 03:16 PM
2.5 volt 807 equivalent BFoelsch Vacuum Tubes 12 May 25th 04 06:49 AM
2-volt versus 4-volt wires GV Car Audio 4 April 8th 04 08:20 PM
Older 2 volt maximum Amplifier gains with newer 4 volt preout head units BigBob Car Audio 12 April 2nd 04 02:41 PM