Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Tascam US-428 not recording using Cubase SX on Win XP

I just bought a Tascam US-428 and I've having trouble setting it up for
recording.
I've read the manuals and searched through al the resources on the
Tascam and
Cubase sites but still can't get it to record.

I'm running Windows XP pro sp2 and using Cubase SX1.01 and I am able to
import
..wav, .mps's and load Cubase songs,arrangements and parts and play them
back but
no matter what I do I am never able to record or see any inputs on the
Cubase
level meters.

I can hear output through the headphones and line out on the US-428
when I hook
devices up to the inputs but the audio doesn't make it to Cubase.
The USB light in on on the US-428, the drivers and WDM interface
drivers installed
ok. Device manager shows both the Tascam US-428 and the US-428 WDM
Interface
installed with no errors.

My sound card is a on-board Soundmax Integrated Digital audio in an
Asus P4P800.

In the Sounds and audio devices properties in the control panel I have
the
following settings:
Sound Playback= Soundmax digital audio (other option is US-428 out)
Sound recording = Soundmax digital audio(other options US-428 A:B,
US-428C)
Midi music playback=US-428 Port 1(other options are Soundmax WDM midi,
Microsoft

GS wavetable, US-428 Port 2, US-428 control, Soundmax WDM midi (2))
In the Hardware tab, the device Tascam US-428 shows as working
properly.
If I run the ASIO Multimedia Audio-System-Test that came with Cubase it
says it
uses Soundmaxdigital audio as the input device, it is active and the
the test
completes succesfully. " The curent ASIO-MME config appears to be ok".
The ASIO multimedia synchronization test also completes successfully
with no lost
sync or buffer errors.

It doesn't matter which input ports I select as active in the Advanced
under Input ports, I still never see any activity on the Cubase inputs
when I run
signals through the US-428.
I have a feeling that it has something to do with the selected sound
devices in
either the control panel or the asio or Cubase software or a setting on
the
UB-428. Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted to alt.steinberg.cubase,rec.audio.pro
Philipp Wachtel

twocatsnl:

I just bought a Tascam US-428 and I've having trouble setting it up
for recording.

You have a replay in

better make a cross-post with all the groups you where you want to ask
than starting different threads in various groups. That keeps the number
of double answers lower...

Phil