Arny Krueger

Default Question about Jupiter

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

...not to mention suing a guy who offered an opinion on
"rec.audio.opinion".

Arny is going to be going to the school of hard knocks on this one.
Lesson 1, what is an opinion and what is a libelous accusation and
what is the difference.

Sockpuppet Wheel is going to the hard knocks school of the legal system with
this one. He's going to find out about paying and paying and getting no
satisfaction. His filing is a graphic example of the slings and arrows of
approaching even a small court without a clue about the law and no
professional legal assistance. But arrogant fool that he is, he approached a
large court that way! There's little that any court hates more than vanity
litigation. I'm wondering how far the California court will go in terms of
lightening his pockets before they administer the final blow to his ego.

Arny Krueger

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in message
news
trotsky wrote:

That's kind of academic, since the pre-veneered MDF I use is more
than three times more expensive than standard MDF too.

Except you don't use it - the speaker manufacturer does.
Note that they are using 2-sided stuff when the inside of the
box is meaningless as far as looks goes. That just costs you more
in the end.

I'm waiting for Singh to claim that using 2-sided stuff improves the sound
quality. After all, using 2-sided laminated MDF means that the drivers *see*
higher quality wood.

Arny Krueger

"trotsky" wrote in message

George M. Middius wrote:

trotsky said:

now that they've reintroduced the Klipshorns, but I can't remember.

No such speaker as "Klipshorn".

Agreed.

Wasn't that the speaker so named because everybody who bought them got
Klipped?

bada-boom!

Lionel

Langis wrote:
Lionel wrote:

Some of the best speakers in the world fail the rap test miserably.

Any good speaker should recoil in horror at the thought of
reproducing rap.

I note that this one is good.

Don't you like MC Solaar? Prose Combat is excellent.

Not enough courage to cull the good from the bad in rap music.
Thank you for the tip I will try this one.

It's about the only good music that ever came from France.

I joke, I joke and I forgot to answer this one !

Seriously, the only interesting English modern musician is the jazz
pianist John Taylor and I remerber that he recorded his 3 last LP in
Pernes les Fontaines (France). This should explains that...
Before him nobody except G. F. Heandel who was German ;-) and Henry
Purcel who died to young. :-(

trotsky

dave weil wrote:
On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:56:46 GMT, trotsky wrote:

dave weil wrote:

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 18:16:43 GMT, trotsky wrote:

dave weil wrote:

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 12:27:37 GMT, trotsky wrote:

At one point Klipsch didn't offer Walnut as a finish. They might offer
it now that they've reintroduced the Klipshorns, but I can't remember.

They do - as a lacquer finish, which the Cornwall apparently didn't.

And as far as I know, they've been in continual production so I don't
know what you mean by "reintroduced".

They were off the market for approx. 2 years and then reintroduced with
a completely different midrange, tweeter, and crossover, at about a 50%
increase in price. Maybe now you'll know.

Prove it.

The web site says otherwise.

The Klipschhorns were reintroduced in 2002. I was a Klipsch dealer,
dave. Quit talking trash.

You can't even spell them (we've now seen *two* alternate spellings).
So why should we take *your* word over Klipsch's?

No, of course not. Call their 800 number and then admit to the group
you were talking trash.

trotsky

dave weil wrote:
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 00:00:03 GMT, trotsky wrote:

dave weil wrote:

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 18:17:34 GMT, trotsky wrote:

dave weil wrote:

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 12:30:23 GMT, trotsky wrote:

That's super, dave, but the comparison that was being made was strictly
between Walnut as a speaker finish and Oak as a speaker finish.

No, you introduced the topic of black being the new big thing for
modern decors.

Oh wait, you said decorums

s******

Are you laughing at yourself, dave? When did you become so at odds with
the English language?

You use the term "decorum" in place of "decor" and you're taking *me*
to task for my ability with the English language?

Yeah, that was pretty heinous--anything to get you out of discussing the
topic, right?

I see. So we can just forget about your claims of how you are superior
in English skills for the moment.

Now the issue has been changed by you to how *I* became so at odds
with the English language?

s******

When you're done s******ing let me know when you're capable of
discussing the topic.

trotsky

dave weil wrote:
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 00:40:27 GMT, trotsky wrote:

dave weil wrote:

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 18:20:12 GMT, trotsky wrote:

dave weil wrote:

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 12:40:23 GMT, trotsky wrote:

I'm reasonably sure from what you've said here that you wouldn't be able
to tell the difference between a black painted wood finish and a black
vinyl laminate finish with the same grain pattern. Also, Allisons
aren't that expensive, so it stands to reason that they could or would
use a vinyl laminate finish.

You'd be wrong.

And you *were* wrong about the Allisons, weren't you?

What, that they are speakers? Can you be more specific, please?

"Also, Allisons aren't that expensive, so it stands to reason that
they could or would use a vinyl laminate finish".

Using *that* logic (which is *wrong*), we could insert "Jupiter Audio"
for Allison.

Well, if you go to this page:

http://www.arsenal.net/speakers/allison/allison.htm

some of the Allison models were real wood, and some were vinyl. The CD
series, which you "bought off on" is shown the be "oak or walnut"
finish, which I assume means real wood.

That would be a correct assumption.

Proof?

That's not a given, though, because other Allison brochures specifically spell out when real wood
veneer is used. Actually, in thinking about it, I'm kind of leaning
towards the finish being vinyl.

That would be an incorrect assumption if you actually accept that
"leaning".

I guess the question still is, would you even know if it was a vinyl finish?

Yes I would. The CD series is *not* vinyl.

Again, proof?

BTW, the Allisons were about $800 in 1988 dollars. This equates to
just about what your selling *your* speakers for at the moment.

I agree that that would be a comparable price. Your point?

See above.

Ditto.

So, where are we now?

Is that an Al Stewart reference?

trotsky

George M. Middius wrote:

dave weil said:

Ditto.

So, where are we now?

Same as always -- Gregipus is right and you are wrong.

Agreed.

dave weil

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:54:24 GMT, Joseph Oberlander
wrote:

dave weil wrote:

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 02:35:09 GMT, Joseph Oberlander
wrote:

dave weil wrote:

And Greg's go to 50.

Mr. Singh is insane I just like to make joke about him (and he loves we
do). You seems to think that I have put this question just for trolling
so I do.
As you have been the only human being to ever listen Singh's speakers
you will have a nice story to tell to your grandchidren.

That will never happen (or, it's extremely unlikely to ever happen).

Though, to be honest, plenty of good 6 inch speakers go down to 50hz
just as cleanly for about the same money.

So why the same money for a smaller driver?

I hope you get my point here.

Because Greg seems to be obsessed about economics in his choices. Therefore,
if he spent the same money on a smaller 6/6.5 inch driver, he'd very likely
get a better sounding speaker than a simmilarly priced 8 inch.

Yep, you didn't.

Get my point, that is.
trotsky

Joseph Oberlander wrote:
dave weil wrote:

And Greg's go to 50.

Mr. Singh is insane I just like to make joke about him (and he loves
we do). You seems to think that I have put this question just for
trolling so I do.
As you have been the only human being to ever listen Singh's speakers
you will have a nice story to tell to your grandchidren.

That will never happen (or, it's extremely unlikely to ever happen).

Though, to be honest, plenty of good 6 inch speakers go down to 50hz
just as cleanly for about the same money.

Sure they do, Joe. Tell us again how you can "hear" the speakers by
reading the specs.

dave weil

dave weil wrote:

[...]

Which *is*, at this point?
MiNE 109

In article ,
Lionel wrote:

Seriously, the only interesting English modern musician is the jazz
pianist John Taylor and I remerber that he recorded his 3 last LP in
Pernes les Fontaines (France). This should explains that...
Before him nobody except G. F. Heandel who was German ;-) and Henry
Purcel who died to young. :-(

Benjamin Britten, Edward Elgar, Muzio Clementi, William Byrd.

Stephen

PS Handel was a flop.
dave weil

dave weil wrote:

[...]

Would you like for me to take a picture of the Allisons or something?
My speakers have enough dings from the 10 moves over the years to show
that they are "real wood" and not vinyl.

That's not a given, though, because other Allison brochures specifically spell out when real wood
veneer is used. Actually, in thinking about it, I'm kind of leaning
towards the finish being vinyl.

That would be an incorrect assumption if you actually accept that
"leaning".

I guess the question still is, would you even know if it was a vinyl finish?

Yes I would. The CD series is *not* vinyl.

Again, proof?

Do you want me to post pictures?

I *know* you aren't going to take my word about actually having seen
them built in Allison's cabinet shop.

OTOH, I seem to remember that their MDF bodied, vinyl clad (IIRC)
cheap AL series was *not* built in house but contracted out, just like
*yours* are.

Proof? None. I didn't tape record the conversation.

BTW, the Allisons were about $800 in 1988 dollars. This equates to
just about what your selling *your* speakers for at the moment.

I agree that that would be a comparable price. Your point?

See above.

Ditto.

So, where are we now?

Is that an Al Stewart reference?

Nope.

I was just listening to the great live recording of him at the
Bluebird just the other day.

BTW, as a final note regarding painted finishes, they are often used
to on inferior looking wood to hide flaws. Gibson guitars grades their
tops this way. They reserve the *nicest* finishes for stained finishes
and the "lesser grade" tops for painted ones.

You can call them if *you* want proof.
Lionel

MiNE 109 wrote:

In article ,
Lionel wrote:

Seriously, the only interesting English modern musician is the jazz
pianist John Taylor and I remerber that he recorded his 3 last LP in
Pernes les Fontaines (France). This should explains that...
Before him nobody except G. F. Heandel who was German ;-) and Henry
Purcel who died to young. :-(

Benjamin Britten, Edward Elgar, Muzio Clementi, William Byrd.

Stephen

PS Handel was a flop.

Please return to listen to your Texan's Cowboys-truckers hybrid music
and don't interfer anymore.

dave weil

dave weil wrote:

[...]

So, when they tell me that there's such a thing as a 1991 Klipschorn
and a 1992 Kilipschorn, what am I supposed to say then? Greg Singh, a
dealer that didn't even know that lacquer is now not an upcharged
option on the Heritage series of speakers, claims that you
discontinued Klipschorns for about two years? Which year should I ask
them about?

Lionel

Langis wrote:

Lionel wrote:

Some of the best speakers in the world fail the rap test miserably.

Any good speaker should recoil in horror at the thought of
reproducing rap.

I note that this one is good.

Don't you like MC Solaar? Prose Combat is excellent.

Not enough courage to cull the good from the bad in rap music.
Thank you for the tip I will try this one.

It's about the only good music that ever came from France.

English ?

MC Solaar vocalizes in French, if that's what your asking.

No I was asking : are *you* English ?

dave weil

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:31:27 GMT, MiNE 109

Lionel wrote:

Seriously, the only interesting English modern musician is the jazz
pianist John Taylor and I remerber that he recorded his 3 last LP in
Pernes les Fontaines (France). This should explains that...
Before him nobody except G. F. Heandel who was German ;-) and Henry
Purcel who died to young. :-(

Benjamin Britten, Edward Elgar, Muzio Clementi, William Byrd.

Stephen

PS Handel was a flop.

You mean fop, right?
Lionel

MiNE 109 wrote:
In article ,
Lionel wrote:

Seriously, the only interesting English modern musician is the jazz
pianist John Taylor and I remerber that he recorded his 3 last LP in
Pernes les Fontaines (France). This should explains that...
Before him nobody except G. F. Heandel who was German ;-) and Henry
Purcel who died to young. :-(

Benjamin Britten, Edward Elgar, Muzio Clementi, William Byrd.

Stephen

PS Handel was a flop.

Sorry John Wayne you seems to be too much Francophobe to be really
honest (remember the beer ?). It's a vogue in USA and you are a good boy
so...
You was already *the* linguist, you also want to be *the* musicologist !
Is it the famous "Krueger syndrome" ?
If you have so much culture why didn't you tell Langis :
- Maurice Ravel
- Gabriel Fauré
- Hector Berlioz
- Pierre Boulez

MiNE 109

Lionel wrote:

Seriously, the only interesting English modern musician is the jazz
pianist John Taylor and I remerber that he recorded his 3 last LP in
Pernes les Fontaines (France). This should explains that...
Before him nobody except G. F. Heandel who was German ;-) and Henry
Purcel who died to young. :-(

Benjamin Britten, Edward Elgar, Muzio Clementi, William Byrd.

Stephen

PS Handel was a flop.

You mean fop, right?

He was more known for being overweight.

Seriously, Handel wrote great music that didn't make him much money and
sent his opera companies into bankruptcy. His real support came from
patronage.

Stephen
dave weil

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:29:31 +0200, Lionel
wrote:

MiNE 109 wrote:
In article ,
Lionel wrote:

Seriously, the only interesting English modern musician is the jazz
pianist John Taylor and I remerber that he recorded his 3 last LP in
Pernes les Fontaines (France). This should explains that...
Before him nobody except G. F. Heandel who was German ;-) and Henry
Purcel who died to young. :-(

Benjamin Britten, Edward Elgar, Muzio Clementi, William Byrd.

Stephen

PS Handel was a flop.

Sorry John Wayne you seems to be too much Francophobe to be really
honest (remember the beer ?). It's a vogue in USA and you are a good boy
so...
You was already *the* linguist, you also want to be *the* musicologist !

He *is* a musicologist, or didn't you know this?

He's one of the only people on this group to be a music academian (if
I can coin such a ponderous phrase).

Is it the famous "Krueger syndrome" ?
If you have so much culture why didn't you tell Langis :
- Maurice Ravel
- Gabriel Fauré
- Hector Berlioz
- Pierre Boulez

Because he was talking about BRITISH (or foreign born but transplanted
British "Handelesque") composers.

You were the one who brought up the lack of decent British
"musicians". He was just responding to that. I notice that you didn't
mention France Gall or Johnny Halliday. What's up wid dat?

MiNE 109

In article ,
Lionel wrote:

MiNE 109 wrote:
In article ,
Lionel wrote:

Seriously, the only interesting English modern musician is the jazz
pianist John Taylor and I remerber that he recorded his 3 last LP in
Pernes les Fontaines (France). This should explains that...
Before him nobody except G. F. Heandel who was German ;-) and Henry
Purcel who died to young. :-(

Benjamin Britten, Edward Elgar, Muzio Clementi, William Byrd.

Stephen

PS Handel was a flop.

Sorry John Wayne you seems to be too much Francophobe to be really
honest (remember the beer ?). It's a vogue in USA and you are a good boy
so...
You was already *the* linguist, you also want to be *the* musicologist !
Is it the famous "Krueger syndrome" ?

You're new around here, aren't you?

If you have so much culture why didn't you tell Langis :
- Maurice Ravel
- Gabriel Fauré
- Hector Berlioz
- Pierre Boulez

Couperin, Liszt, Chopin, etc.

French music doesn't need defending, unless it's pop music. England has
to put up with putdowns like "land ohne Musik".

Stephen
Lionel

dave weil wrote:
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:29:31 +0200, Lionel
wrote:

MiNE 109 wrote:

In article ,
Lionel wrote:

[...]

Sorry, not my cup of tea. Johnny Halliday use to share his copyrights
every decades with some good Nashville musicians. Is "studio shark" a
correct metaphor ? ;-)

In fact I was sarcastically answering to "Langis" who wrote speaking of
MCSolaar : "It's about the only good music that ever came from France".

So he is musicologist... Good, good !

Once again in the same way in took your party in the "french beers"
discussion Stephen answered to my post to Langis but not to Langis post
to me (which was anterior if you follow).
- He don't know French music (?)
- He don't like French music (what about Claude Debussy Stephen ?)
- He is francophobe it's a vogue in USA.
- He don't like me
- He prefers "Langis"

Lionel

MiNE 109 wrote:

In article ,
Lionel wrote:

MiNE 109 wrote:

In article ,

[...]

Stravinsky ? ;-)

MiNE 109

In article ,
Lionel wrote:

MiNE 109 wrote:

In article ,
Lionel wrote:

MiNE 109 wrote:

In article ,
Lionel wrote:

[...]

He belongs to the world.

Stephen
dave weil

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 14:39:15 GMT, MiNE 109

Lionel wrote:

MiNE 109 wrote:

In article ,
Lionel wrote:

MiNE 109 wrote:

In article ,
Lionel wrote:

[...]

Or more appropriately, to the earth.

MiNE 109

In article ,
Lionel wrote:

Once again in the same way in took your party in the "french beers"
discussion Stephen answered to my post to Langis but not to Langis post
to me (which was anterior if you follow).

I don't have to answer every post.

- He don't know French music (?)

Better than most Americans.

- He don't like French music (what about Claude Debussy Stephen ?)

One of my favorites.

- He is francophobe it's a vogue in USA.

No.

- He don't like me

You're often, how do you say, noisette.

- He prefers "Langis"

What's not to like?

Stephen
Lionel

MiNE 109 wrote:

Stravinsky ? ;-)

He belongs to the world.

Fully agree, like you and me.
Glad to know that you are musicologist.
Do you teach ? Which university ?

This doesn't explain your "strange" behaviour. Do you remember I call it
partisan ?

Lionel

MiNE 109 wrote:

- He don't like me

You're often, how do you say, noisette.

Before to be "noisette" I am stupid, please make an effort I don't
understand "noisette".

dave weil

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 16:56:03 +0200, Lionel
wrote:

MiNE 109 wrote:

- He don't like me

You're often, how do you say, noisette.

Before to be "noisette" I am stupid, please make an effort I don't
understand "noisette".

It's a type of rose. I don't know if that's how Stephen meant it, but
it's probably a play of a skewed translation - something like "little
noise".

To see the form of a noisette, (bred in France with a good strong
French name) please go he

http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/pl.php?n=38315

Or, alternately, you can come to my yard and see a climbing noisette
called Old Blush (Cl). It just happens to finally be back in bloom
again after a summer of resting.
George M. Middius

dave weil said:

- He don't like me

You're often, how do you say, noisette.

Before to be "noisette" I am stupid, please make an effort I don't
understand "noisette".

It's a type of rose. I don't know if that's how Stephen meant it, but
it's probably a play of a skewed translation - something like "little
noise".

He might also have meant it in the sense of "nutty" -- same meaning
as in English.

Lionel

wrote:

MiNE 109 wrote:

- He don't like me

You're often, how do you say, noisette.

Before to be "noisette" I am stupid, please make an effort I don't
understand "noisette".

It's a type of rose. I don't know if that's how Stephen meant it, but
it's probably a play of a skewed translation - something like "little
noise".

To see the form of a noisette, (bred in France with a good strong
French name) please go he

http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/pl.php?n=38315

Or, alternately, you can come to my yard and see a climbing noisette
called Old Blush (Cl). It just happens to finally be back in bloom
again after a summer of resting.

Thank you for your help.

I thought it means "nutcracker".
A nutcracker in french is a guy who is so boring that he "cracks" your
balls... Yeah, I know I am. )
The French translation of nutcracker is "casse noisettes" which is also
a famous ballet from Tchaikowsky... It could be a wink from the
musicologist. ;-)

trotsky

trotsky wrote:

That's kind of academic, since the pre-veneered MDF I use is more
than three times more expensive than standard MDF too.

Except you don't use it - the speaker manufacturer does.
Note that they are using 2-sided stuff when the inside of the
box is meaningless as far as looks goes. That just costs you more
in the end.

I'm waiting for Singh to claim that using 2-sided stuff improves the sound
quality. After all, using 2-sided laminated MDF means that the drivers *see*
higher quality wood.

Everything affects the sound, Arny. I'm sure you have the ABX tests to
prove it.

dave weil

wrote:

MiNE 109 wrote:

[...]

If that's the case, I'm sure that's what he meant. I couldn't figure
out the "musical" connection.
trotsky

dave weil wrote:
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:53:30 GMT, trotsky wrote:

When you're done s******ing let me know when you're capable of
discussing the topic.

Which *is*, at this point?

Which was that the finish choices in speakers evolved as American tastes
in *decors* evolved. As with many other points, you refuse to
acknowledge that you dropped the ball.

trotsky

dave weil wrote:

[...]

That you're a man out of time. You'll figure it out eventually.

dave weil

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:36:04 GMT, trotsky wrote:

dave weil wrote:
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:53:30 GMT, trotsky wrote:

When you're done s******ing let me know when you're capable of
discussing the topic.

Which *is*, at this point?

Which was that the finish choices in speakers evolved as American tastes
in *decors* evolved. As with many other points, you refuse to
acknowledge that you dropped the ball.

The point is then, that black finish was a common finish even back in
the 80s and early 90s. I already made that point, so I didn't "drop
the ball". Walnut is also still a popular finish as well.

Now, about the odd sudden "gay" tone of your posts - wanna address
*that*? (this one's for George)
MiNE 109

In article ,
Lionel wrote:

MiNE 109 wrote:

Stravinsky ? ;-)

He belongs to the world.

Fully agree, like you and me.
Glad to know that you are musicologist.
Do you teach ? Which university ?

My degrees are in piano performance, but I have a good academic
training. I'm a freelance musician. University jobs are hard to come by
for pianists.

This doesn't explain your "strange" behaviour. Do you remember I call it
partisan ?

Who cares?

Stephen
dave weil

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:44:08 GMT, trotsky wrote:

So, when they tell me that there's such a thing as a 1991 Klipschorn
and a 1992 Kilipschorn, what am I supposed to say then?

That you're a man out of time.

I guess this is you being "****ty", right? After all, no proper
citation.

You'll figure it out eventually.

I did. Sorry about being a decade off.
S888Wheel

I said

Arny is going to be going to the school of hard knocks on this one.
Lesson 1, what is an opinion and what is a libelous accusation and
what is the difference.

Arny said

Sockpuppet Wheel is going to the hard knocks school of the legal system with
this one.

That's a joke.

Arny said

He's going to find out about paying and paying and getting no
satisfaction.

Lesson 2 may very well be thr rules of collecting judgements. Can you say lien
on the house?

Arny said

His filing is a graphic example of the slings and arrows of
approaching even a small court without a clue about the law and no
professional legal assistance.

A fine example of Arny's ignorance. My complaint was taken straight from
Benders book. What next? Will Arny say the laws themselves are wrong?

Arny said

But arrogant fool that he is, he approached a
large court that way!

Arny's ignorance on jurisdiction noted. Obviously he still hasn't talked to a
competent lawyer or he has and hasn't disclosed the facts. Obviously he still
hasn't managed to find the California Civil Codes.

Arny said

There's little that any court hates more than vanity
litigation.

Spoken from the depths of Arny's great knowledge of law and the courts.

Arny said

I'm wondering how far the California court will go in terms of
lightening his pockets before they administer the final blow to his ego.

This comming from a guy who predicted the clerk wouldn't even accept my case
for filing.
MiNE 109

wrote:

MiNE 109 wrote:

- He don't like me

You're often, how do you say, noisette.

Before to be "noisette" I am stupid, please make an effort I don't
understand "noisette".

Literally "hazel nut".

[...]

Something like that. There's also this:

http://frenchfilms.topcities.com/nf_...seuse_rev.html