Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] info@enjoythemusic.com is offline

Default .NYC & Munich Audiophile Show Reports.

Hi Everyone,

While i have posted a few Stereophile show reports online, the
largest show of the season here in Munich is now going on. Am posting
daily updates through Sunday night. Please have a look at what is now
online at http://www.enjoythemusic.com/

Enjoy the Music,

Steven R. Rochlin

http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com
Superior Audio, The Absolute Sound,
Review Magazine, The $ensible Sound,
The Audiophile Voice... and MUCH more!
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] mpresley@earthlink.net is offline

wrote:

Hi Everyone,

While i have posted a few Stereophile show reports online, the
largest show of the season here in Munich is now going on. Am posting
daily updates through Sunday night. Please have a look at what is now
online at
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/

Enjoy the Music,

Steven R. Rochlin

From the article in question:

"Lominchay Speakers - These speakers have my vote as standouts in the area
of visual appeal. The Mandarin Supreme, are a thing of beauty in my eyes. I
can't really give too much comment on their sound as the room was not quiet
enough to even judge anything, but if they sound as good as they look and
considering their cost they had better be awesome. Pricing is somewhere
around a staggering $100k."

Think about this. Here is an article that basically says for 100 large
something looks good. But there is nothing interesting or informative said
about the actual product. This is "journalism" of a very low order. It is
articles such as this (far too common) that underscore the sad state of
affairs in hi-fi journalism. I'd be embarrassed to write such stuff.

mp

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Steven R. Rochlin Steven R. Rochlin is offline

MP,

Thanks for your post. Agreed Bill's comments basically say they look good
and they had better for that high a price tag. Judging the sound of any
single product during a show is, quite frankly, virtually impossible. Anyone
who comments about the sound of a *single* product at a show that is within
a system is perhaps doing the remainder of items within said system a
disservice. While i highly respect Bill's comments, and if you ever hear his
system you'd be amazed at what it can deliver, agree that for $100k a
product *had better* sound and look good. Would enjoy reading your show
reports to assess how you conduct the task at hand. Thanks again for your
post and in the end what really matters is that you...

Enjoy the Music,

Steven R. Rochlin
http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

Where you can find:

wrote in message

Hi Everyone,

While i have posted a few Stereophile show reports online, the
largest show of the season here in Munich is now going on. Am posting
daily updates through Sunday night. Please have a look at what is now
online at
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/

Enjoy the Music,

Steven R. Rochlin

From the article in question:

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Steven R. Rochlin wrote:

MP,

Thanks for your post. Agreed Bill's comments basically say they look
good
and they had better for that high a price tag. Judging the sound of any
single product during a show is, quite frankly, virtually impossible.
Anyone who comments about the sound of a *single* product at a show that
is within a system is perhaps doing the remainder of items within said
system a disservice. While i highly respect Bill's comments, and if you
ever hear his system you'd be amazed at what it can deliver, agree that
for $100k a product *had better* sound and look good. Would enjoy reading
your show reports to assess how you conduct the task at hand. Thanks again
for your post and in the end what really matters is that you...

What your man needed was an editor. Now, it would have been something worth
writing about if a speaker with a couple of drivers but costing 100 large
looked cheaply made. THAT would have been interesting. And the fact that
the sound in a demo room at a convention was poor is no big deal. No one
expects good sound in these venues. So, instead, he could have commented
on what exactly is "inside" the box that makes this item something anyone
would want to own--especially for the price of a small house in a depressed
neighborhood.

Readers want (I think) facts...and something engaging to read.

Other than that, I'm always interested in what is happening in the hi-fi
scene.

ps: next show, send me the corporate card and a round trip ticket. In
return, I'll send you back some INTERESTING copy. It might not have
anything to do with hi-fi (think Hunter Thompson's trip to Vegas, or his
assignment to Hawaii in order to cover the marathon)-- but it will make
good reading).

mp