Posted to rec.audio.tech
john

Default How to Secure Toslink Cables ?

I'm having problems with Toslink cables in that they keep falling out
of the optical jacks. The connection just isn't secure, and, unlike
coax cables, can't handle any disturbance or movement after
installation (compunding the problem, I'm using a co-ax to optical
converter, which is lightweight, but still heavy enough to pull these
guys out).

Does anyone have any suggestions (other than duct tape) on how I can
get a more secure mechanical connection of the Toslink cable and
optical jack ?

thanks!, john c.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

john wrote:
I'm having problems with Toslink cables in that they keep falling out
of the optical jacks. The connection just isn't secure, and, unlike
coax cables, can't handle any disturbance or movement after
installation (compunding the problem, I'm using a co-ax to optical
converter, which is lightweight, but still heavy enough to pull these
guys out).

Does anyone have any suggestions (other than duct tape) on how I can
get a more secure mechanical connection of the Toslink cable and
optical jack ?

thanks!, john c.

Try a couple of these :

Newark InOne Part No.: 23N3670

Manufacturer: SPC TECHNOLOGY

Manufacturer Part No.: VRTH-02

AND CABLE TIES,VOLTREX? BRAND ADHESIVE-BACKED FLAT CABLE TIE HOLDERS
,SPC TECHNOLOGY

and cable ties

Posted to rec.audio.tech
john

Thanks for the advice on the cable tie products. I will give them a
try (and they look useful for some other projects I have going on). I
also found out that I was not applying enough force to insert the
Toslink and engage its retaining mechanism, which of course is helping
out.

thanks again, john c.

Try a couple of these :

Newark InOne Part No.: 23N3670

Manufacturer: SPC TECHNOLOGY

Manufacturer Part No.: VRTH-02

AND CABLE TIES,VOLTREX? BRAND ADHESIVE-BACKED FLAT CABLE TIE HOLDERS
,SPC TECHNOLOGY

and cable ties

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Laurence Payne

On 31 Jan 2006 17:48:39 -0800, "john"
wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions (other than duct tape) on how I can
get a more secure mechanical connection of the Toslink cable and
optical jack ?

Doesn't duct tape work? What about blu-tak?