Phil Balder

Default How to connect earphones

Hi,

i have got a nice tube amp for my guitar but it has got nothing to
connect earphones and silence the speaker.

Is it possible to connect earphones to the amp?
Are there any resources on the net that explain how to do it?
Any good books to get started with tube amps?

many thanks
phil
Choky

"Phil Balder" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

i have got a nice tube amp for my guitar but it has got nothing to
connect earphones and silence the speaker.

Is it possible to connect earphones to the amp?
Are there any resources on the net that explain how to do it?
Any good books to get started with tube amps?

many thanks
phil

find just any schmtc of power amp in region of 30-100W and look for that
part of schmtc.
then you'll see.

.................................................. ........................
Choky
Prodanovic Aleksandar
YU

"don't use force, "don't use force,
use a larger hammer" use a larger tube
- Choky and IST"
- ZM

Phil Allison

"Phil Balder" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

i have got a nice tube amp for my guitar but it has got nothing to
connect earphones and silence the speaker.

** Tube guitar amps never do - only SS ones sometimes have that.

Is it possible to connect earphones to the amp?

** Silencing the main speaker is the problem - you cannot run the output
stage with no load.

.......... Phil

Porky

well, thanks,

you showed me the right direction... :-)
i will need a 50W 8 Ohm resistor instead of the speaker. (15W Blues
Junior)
paralell to that resistor i will place a variable voltage splitter as
input for my "line in"...
nice page about how to get the volume out:
http://www.webervst.com/lpad.htm

phil

Hey Phil, test your earbud 'line out' on a small speaker first, and
never go straight parallel to the load resistor, this is screamin' axe
solo's we're talkin here, i think, not a quiet eve in the den w/ the
stereo.
BTW, the little headphones have a higher impedance, so you may need to
experiment a bit. Good luck.

Porky