Dave Walsh

Default 2 Motu 896s and sync probs

Anyone out there running 2 motu 896 (not the HD models) units off one
firewire port?..Am having sync problems, the second unit looses synch. Each
unit works fine on its own. Anyone tried this or had this prob, I would be
happy to hear your story.

Cheers
Dave W.

Mike Rocha

Dave Walsh wrote:
Anyone out there running 2 motu 896 (not the HD models) units off one
firewire port?..Am having sync problems, the second unit looses synch. Each
unit works fine on its own. Anyone tried this or had this prob, I would be
happy to hear your story.

Cheers
Dave W.

i've had huge time problems with this. I returned my second motu to the
store within a week of purchasing it. They are covering the costs of
necessary repairs. MOTU has had it since Sept 25th 2004, (about 13 or 14
weeks, un-f***in believeable, but that's a different story). As soon as
i get it back i'll post a message to tell everyone what's going on.

I tried all that stuff, running AES/EBU cables, running BNC's through
the word clocks, setting all the different clock sync sources in every
combination, changing the order of the 896's, etc, etc, etc....

Roach