Daniel Snooks

Default Connecting head unit through stock amp

Frank Corcoran wrote
My 94 grand prix has a stock delco amp.I will be replacing the radio with

pioneer DEH-P720 and my plan is to run the output of the new deck through
the stock delco amp simply because of the wiring changes I would have to

do.

Will this configuration work, will the stock delco amp work as a filter

for
the pioneer or restricts its output?

I know I should just go try it and see what happens but I do not want to
damage any components.

Actually, it is better to ask the questions first, could save ruining
perfectly good equipment. Do you know what inputs the stock amp requires? I
am not familiar with the Grand Prix OEM audio options, is there actually a
remote amp, or are you referring to the OEM radio itself?

--
Regards,
Dan Snooks