Brian

Default CD player skips

Pioneer PD-X550

Does anyone know what sort of problems this model had? Mine plays fine for
thirty or forty minutes and then starts skipping. I tried earthing the
chassis and this definitely helped, but the problem came back

thanks,

Brian

---

Jerry G.

This can be caused by a worn laser, or dirty laser lens, mechanical
problems, or some components failing in the player. Try cleaning the
laser lens first.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Brian" wrote in message
Pioneer PD-X550

Does anyone know what sort of problems this model had? Mine plays fine
for
thirty or forty minutes and then starts skipping. I tried earthing the
chassis and this definitely helped, but the problem came back

thanks,

Brian

---

James Nipper

How do you clear the laser lens??

--James--

Geoff Wood

"James Nipper" wrote in message
How do you clear the laser lens??

A freind of mine had a similar problem - CDs would stop at around 58
minutes. He was quoted by a repair franchise a new laser + carriage
assembly for around $200 , plus labour (player cost $100 used ...) to
repair..

He delcined, and had another try with a local repairer who thought he might
be able to change the laser diode for about $30 incl labour, until he
noticed that the transit screw was only partially released.

geoff