Posted to rec.audio.pro
BeeRich

Default Toronto Pro Audio et al.

Hi folks.

I'm looking for any association or publication for pro audio people in
the GTA (Toronto area). Are there any?

Also, are there any National or American associations that cover this
industry? Just want to know where new media producers hang out,
communicate, etc. Can't all be in a newsgroup.

Cheers

Posted to rec.audio.pro
kooz

Go to www.aes.org and click on the SECTIONS link. There is a section
in the T-dot.
For new media, try googling cmna.com or .org - I somehow got on their
mailing list. this may be more what you're looking for.

BeeRich wrote:
Hi folks.

I'm looking for any association or publication for pro audio people in
the GTA (Toronto area). Are there any?

Also, are there any National or American associations that cover this
industry? Just want to know where new media producers hang out,
communicate, etc. Can't all be in a newsgroup.

Cheers

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Julian

On 12 May 2006 22:06:44 -0700, "kooz" wrote:

Go to www.aes.org and click on the SECTIONS link. There is a section
in the T-dot.

T-dot? Can you be more specific?

Julian

Posted to rec.audio.pro
BeeRich

tdot means Toronto.

Thanks for the links.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
BeeRich

OK, I went to the section, however it didn't have any forums, etc. I'm
just looking for areas where Toronto audio engineers would 'discuss'
things. I'm in the midst of sizing up a business plan for a service
that some audio engineers in Toronto apparently need, and if it's
needed by the rest of them, it would change how I develop the service.

Any ideas where I could reach them and get some feedback from them?

Cheers

Posted to rec.audio.pro
kooz

The best advice I can offer is to try to meet the people whose business
you're after and pitch them your idea face to face.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
BeeRich

Oh I hope to do that directly. It's a lot easier when you know who to
approach.

Cheers