Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] djcll6121@gmail.com is offline

Default A car audio experiment I'm working on (please help)

Ok I believe this is pretty straight forward, but I do not know enough
about audio to know this will work. I have an aux. port in my car so I
can plug an outside device to play through my car speakers. Then,
because I had a spare cell phone hands free set, I had the bright idea
that I could cut off the speaker at the end of the cord, and attach the
proper sized plug (headphone jack) to go into my car. I have tried to
do this (w/o solder) and it did not work. Im guessing it is because I
need to solder my connections, but I dont know if I can go to a huge
audio system from my crappy cell phone. If anyone has any ideas on
this, please give me some feedback. thanks

Posted to rec.audio.tech
harrogate3 harrogate3 is offline

wrote in message
ups.com...
Ok I believe this is pretty straight forward, but I do not know

enough
about audio to know this will work. I have an aux. port in my car

so I
can plug an outside device to play through my car speakers. Then,
because I had a spare cell phone hands free set, I had the bright

idea
that I could cut off the speaker at the end of the cord, and attach

the
proper sized plug (headphone jack) to go into my car. I have tried

do this (w/o solder) and it did not work. Im guessing it is because

need to solder my connections, but I dont know if I can go to a huge
audio system from my crappy cell phone. If anyone has any ideas on
this, please give me some feedback. thanks

Most cellular car interfaces use a bridged amplifier configuration to
get higher power.

Try connecting just one loudspeaker lead and put an earth on the other
input pin and see what happens (make sure polarity is correct.)

You will also need to select the input on the radio (?) or if it
doesn't have one then there will be a control line that will need
activating (usually by application of an earth) to make it switch to
the aux input.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Posted to rec.audio.tech

harrogate3 wrote:
Most cellular car interfaces use a bridged amplifier configuration to
get higher power.

Try connecting just one loudspeaker lead and put an earth on the other
input pin and see what happens (make sure polarity is correct.)

You will also need to select the input on the radio (?) or if it
doesn't have one then there will be a control line that will need
activating (usually by application of an earth) to make it switch to
the aux input.

Im not talking about anything fancy really, just a run-of-the-mill POS
mini jack (from my phone) -microphone-to a little speaker for my ear
handsfree kit. Not an official car phone holder or handsfree system.
I'm basically gonna jerry rig the thing so i cut off the speaker that
goes to my ear. now i have only the plug into the headphone part of my
phone and a mic with a wire after the mic with 2 wires (ground and a
signal) I want to replace the speaker that wouldve gone into my ear
with a male headphone jack that can go into an aux port, meant for
ipods and whatnot, and use my car speakers instead of the small speaker
for my ear. so im just messing around, but i dont know if this will
work or if its necessary to use solder to work properly