rderieux

Default A/V Receiver Recommendations for BOSE 901

Hi!

My wife's godfather has a pair of BOSE 901 speakers and he needs to
replace his receiver.

Can you recommend a low to mid tier A/V receiver that can work with
the BOSE 901's?

I believe he needs an A/V Receiver with the preamp-out/main amp-in
ready connections for the Bose 901 Equalizer or is there some other
way?

Is there any Digital Receiver that will allow the direct connection of
the Bose 901 without the need for the Equalizer?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Rene'
Mark A

"rderieux" wrote in message
om...
Hi!

My wife's godfather has a pair of BOSE 901 speakers and he needs to
replace his receiver.

Can you recommend a low to mid tier A/V receiver that can work with
the BOSE 901's?

I believe he needs an A/V Receiver with the preamp-out/main amp-in
ready connections for the Bose 901 Equalizer or is there some other
way?

Is there any Digital Receiver that will allow the direct connection of
the Bose 901 without the need for the Equalizer?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Rene'

Many receivers have an external processing loop that can be used for the
equalizer. Just look at the specs of those in your price range. You might
also look for used receiver on Ebay if all that is needed is 2-channel
stereo.

It is extremely unlikely that the equalization provided by a receiver can be
used in place of the Bose processor. You would have to have the specs of the
Bose processor, and even then it would be unlikely.

Barry Mann

In , on 02/18/04
at 06:56 AM, (rderieux) said:

Hi!

My wife's godfather has a pair of BOSE 901 speakers and he needs to
replace his receiver.

Can you recommend a low to mid tier A/V receiver that can work with
the BOSE 901's?

I believe he needs an A/V Receiver with the preamp-out/main amp-in
ready connections for the Bose 901 Equalizer or is there some other
way?

Is there any Digital Receiver that will allow the direct connection of
the Bose 901 without the need for the Equalizer?

Is he interested in Home Theater? If so, he'll need to purchase an A/V
receiver, center, and rear speakers. If he is not interested in Home
Theater, then a stereo receiver will do the job.

The auto equalization of the Yamaha RX-V1400 (an A/V unit) will deal
with his situation, especially if he is using a subwoofer.

Although Pre out-Main in is not a typical feature on low end units, you
may be able to find a unit that will allow the use of the Bose
equalizer. (In many units you can connect the Bose equalizer where you
would connect a tape deck)

I've never seen a stereo receiver with an equalization function
appropriate for use with the 901's.

Have you checked the 901's recently? Are they still OK?

spam:

wordgame:123(abc):14 9 20 5 2 9 18 4 at 22 15 9 3 5 14 5 20 dot 3 15
13 (Barry Mann)