Margaret von B.

Default ABX, DBT and other theoretical bull**** ( attn. pearce thread)

To most of the participants anyway for a couple of reasons.

1. Your speakers basically suck.

2. Your room sucks even more than your speakers.

Therefore, most of you have a snowflake's chance in hell of identifying any
differences whatsoever. If you do, something is broken.

You simply have got the cart before the horse -I strongly suspect Nousaine
included. Therefore all your results are more than likely meaningless
bull****.

Find some good speakers first in a professionally designed room and try
talking after that.

Revel might be a different story, though.

Cheers,

Margaret

Arny Krueger

"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
To most of the participants anyway for a couple of
reasons.
1. Your speakers basically suck.

2. Your room sucks even more than your speakers.

Therefore, most of you have a snowflake's chance in hell
of identifying any differences whatsoever. If you do,
something is broken.
You simply have got the cart before the horse Therefore
all your results are
more than likely meaningless bull****.

Find some good speakers first in a professionally
designed room and try talking after that.

Thanks Maggie for admitting that buying good stereo
equipment is senseless unless you get professional help and
fix your speakers and your room.

Margaret von B.

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
To most of the participants anyway for a couple of
reasons.
1. Your speakers basically suck.

2. Your room sucks even more than your speakers.

Therefore, most of you have a snowflake's chance in hell
of identifying any differences whatsoever. If you do,
something is broken.
You simply have got the cart before the horse Therefore all your results
are
more than likely meaningless bull****.

Find some good speakers first in a professionally
designed room and try talking after that.

Thanks Maggie for admitting that buying good stereo equipment is senseless
unless you get professional help and fix your speakers and your room.

Admitting? I've always ADVOCATED it, you flaming dildo!

Margaret

Bret Ludwig

Admitting? I've always ADVOCATED it, you flaming dildo!

Margaret

And Margaret being a world authority on flaming dildos, that's a
serious charge!

Per Stromgren

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 00:14:07 GMT, "Margaret von B."
wrote:

To most of the participants anyway for a couple of reasons.

1. Your speakers basically suck.

2. Your room sucks even more than your speakers.

Therefore, most of you have a snowflake's chance in hell of identifying any
differences whatsoever. If you do, something is broken.

The solution probably hangs on everyones wall: good headphones! If you
can't identify differences using hi-fi headphones, you won't ever. I
frequently use my Stax Lambdas for that purpose.

I can hear you say "Won't do, it's all about imgaing, fella!" Can you
buy equipment that *only* affects imaging, not possible to hear in
headphones?

Per.

Robert Morein

"Margaret von B." wrote in message
.. .
To most of the participants anyway for a couple of reasons.

1. Your speakers basically suck.

2. Your room sucks even more than your speakers.

Therefore, most of you have a snowflake's chance in hell of identifying

any
differences whatsoever. If you do, something is broken.

You simply have got the cart before the horse -I strongly suspect Nousaine
included. Therefore all your results are more than likely meaningless
bull****.

Find some good speakers first in a professionally designed room and try
talking after that.

Revel might be a different story, though.

I have a set of Dynaco A-10s driven by a Dyna SCA-35, and they are perfectly
flat from 10 Hz to 40 kHz at 117 SPL.
The clarity of this system, which is installed in the corners of an all-tile
bathroom, is amazing.
I use it to accompany singing in the shower, while bettering Sinatra,
Pavarotti, and Beverly Sills.
This is the system I use to generally prove that everybody is wrong about
everything.
Sorry, Marg, you can't be right all the time.

Arny Krueger

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
.. .
To most of the participants anyway for a couple of
reasons.

1. Your speakers basically suck.

2. Your room sucks even more than your speakers.

Therefore, most of you have a snowflake's chance in hell
of identifying any differences whatsoever. If you do,
something is broken.

You simply have got the cart before the horse -I
strongly suspect Nousaine included. Therefore all your
results are more than likely meaningless bull****.

Find some good speakers first in a professionally
designed room and try talking after that.

Revel might be a different story, though.

I have a set of Dynaco A-10s driven by a Dyna SCA-35, and
they are perfectly flat from 10 Hz to 40 kHz at 117 SPL.

Surely you jest!

Margaret von B.

[...]

LOL! I love those systems that *improve* the original live/studio
performance.

This is the system I use to generally prove that everybody is wrong about
everything.

Ahh, my kinda guy! And obviously a musican too. :-)

Sorry, Marg, you can't be right all the time.

Thank's Robet for admiting that Iv'e always been right before. So feel free
to continue you're delusions about the meaning of my aruegument. Besides
your's is a strawman. And your'e not morally capable of comprehentending the
contex't of my arguement on isolated technical ground's alone.

Cheer's,

Margaret

Margaret von B.

wrote:

To most of the participants anyway for a couple of reasons.

1. Your speakers basically suck.

2. Your room sucks even more than your speakers.

Therefore, most of you have a snowflake's chance in hell of identifying
any
differences whatsoever. If you do, something is broken.

The solution probably hangs on everyones wall: good headphones! If you
can't identify differences using hi-fi headphones, you won't ever. I
frequently use my Stax Lambdas for that purpose.

I can hear you say "Won't do, it's all about imgaing, fella!" Can you
buy equipment that *only* affects imaging, not possible to hear in
headphones?

Per.

I have mixed feelings about the superiority of headphones these days. I only
have the portable Stax now but I have the HD600's and RS-1's and I'm tempted
to say that there are loudspeakers that, when properly installed and tuned,
are more accurate and resolving than any of them. Most notably the
headphones fall short in bass.

Cheers,

Margaret

Stewart Pinkerton

wrote:

To most of the participants anyway for a couple of reasons.

1. Your speakers basically suck.

2. Your room sucks even more than your speakers.

Therefore, most of you have a snowflake's chance in hell of identifying any
differences whatsoever. If you do, something is broken.

You simply have got the cart before the horse -I strongly suspect Nousaine
included. Therefore all your results are more than likely meaningless
bull****.

Find some good speakers first in a professionally designed room and try
talking after that.

http://www.lurcher.org/ukra/ and check my page.

Madge, your fuller of **** than a communal cesspit......

Margaret von B.

wrote:

To most of the participants anyway for a couple of reasons.

1. Your speakers basically suck.

2. Your room sucks even more than your speakers.

Therefore, most of you have a snowflake's chance in hell of identifying
any
differences whatsoever. If you do, something is broken.

You simply have got the cart before the horse -I strongly suspect Nousaine
included. Therefore all your results are more than likely meaningless
bull****.

Find some good speakers first in a professionally designed room and try
talking after that.

http://www.lurcher.org/ukra/ and check my page.

No need to. Your results are not valid on the grounds I mentioned.

Madge, your fuller of **** than a communal cesspit......

So very english of you, Stewart. In TX even cesspits are private. I suspect
you're full of cheap gin, my dear :-)

Cheers,

Margaret

Per Stromgren

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 16:35:19 GMT, "Margaret von B."
wrote:

"Per Stromgren" wrote in message
.. .
If you
can't identify differences using hi-fi headphones, you won't ever. I
frequently use my Stax Lambdas for that purpose.

I have mixed feelings about the superiority of headphones these days. I only
have the portable Stax now but I have the HD600's and RS-1's and I'm tempted
to say that there are loudspeakers that, when properly installed and tuned,
are more accurate and resolving than any of them. Most notably the
headphones fall short in bass.

So you mean that there are differences between sources or line level
equipment that can't be discriminated by a set of HD600 or RS-1's, but
can be heard through loudspeakers? I would be most interested in an
example.

Per.

Arny Krueger

"Per Stromgren" wrote in message

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 16:35:19 GMT, "Margaret von B."
wrote:

"Per Stromgren" wrote in
message
If you
can't identify differences using hi-fi headphones, you
won't ever. I frequently use my Stax Lambdas for that
purpose.

I have mixed feelings about the superiority of
headphones these days. I only have the portable Stax now
but I have the HD600's and RS-1's and I'm tempted to say
that there are loudspeakers that, when properly
installed and tuned, are more accurate and resolving
than any of them. Most notably the headphones fall short
in bass.

So you mean that there are differences between sources or
line level equipment that can't be discriminated by a set
of HD600 or RS-1's, but can be heard through
loudspeakers? I would be most interested in an example.

Nicely said.

Andy Luotto

I agree with you.
I am a supporter of the concept using headphone - and , yes, high
quality headphones - I listen to a Stax Lamda as well for performing
serious listening test of line equipment, i.e. CD player, line and
phone preamps etc.
Somebody may argue that I cannot get judge soundstage, imagining and
what else (the headphone limitations, you know ...), still I feel these
parameter are mostly related to room and speakers positions rather that
source material - including the software as well.
I think the difference among CD player is mostly related to high
frequency reproduction - I think not relevant anything related to bass
extension or pubch when talking about a CD player.
I think using a CD player + line amp + a SOA headphone is very good to
test cables as well.
regards

Robert Morein

[...]

No, Sir! I am deadly serious. On guard!

Robert Morein

[...]

Not unless you're a Lutheran.

And obviously a musican too. :-)
Been there doen that.

Sorry, Marg, you can't be right all the time.

Thank's Robet for admiting that Iv'e always been right before.

Myregret's delusions of grandeur duley noted.

So feel free
to continue you're delusions about the meaning of my aruegument. Besides
your's is a strawman. And your'e not morally capable of comprehentending

the
contex't of my arguement on isolated technical ground's alone.

Myregret's lack of acoustic background duley noted.
Poeple who haven't done the experiments should shut their yaps. Both
Atkinson and Zipser were unable to tell th3e difference between a Krell
KSA-50 and a Dyanco SCA70 when the line voltage was reduced to 35 volts.
ROTFL!!!!!

Robert Morein

--

Going back in your ancestry, do we find your serfs using a communual
cesspit?

Robert Morein

wrote:

[...]

I find the Stax Lambda Pros most resolvent.

George M. Middius

Robert Morein said to Lord Stinkerton:

Going back in your ancestry, do we find your serfs using a communual
cesspit?

How did you know that? In fact, that's where they kept the home-brew
distillery. Defying revenuers is a cherished tradition in Pukey's clan.

Stewart Pinkerton

wrote:

To most of the participants anyway for a couple of reasons.

1. Your speakers basically suck.

2. Your room sucks even more than your speakers.

Therefore, most of you have a snowflake's chance in hell of identifying
any
differences whatsoever. If you do, something is broken.

You simply have got the cart before the horse -I strongly suspect Nousaine
included. Therefore all your results are more than likely meaningless
bull****.

Find some good speakers first in a professionally designed room and try
talking after that.

http://www.lurcher.org/ukra/ and check my page.

Madge, your fuller of **** than a communal cesspit......
--

Going back in your ancestry, do we find your serfs using a communual
cesspit?

open gutters in town, and a convenient hole in the ground out of town.

Buster Mudd

wrote:

results are more than likely meaningless
bull****.

Find some good speakers first in a professionally designed room and try
talking after that.

http://www.lurcher.org/ukra/ and check my page.

Madge, your fuller of **** than a communal cesspit......

While I don't disagree with your assesment of Madge, and your speakers
certainly qualify as "good", I'm not sure I'd go about proudly
proclaiming that brick & plaster bunker of yours is a "professionally
designed room".

(Although, silly me, I did presume Madge meant a professionally *well*
-designed room.)

Stewart Pinkerton

wrote:

results are more than likely meaningless
bull****.

Find some good speakers first in a professionally designed room and try
talking after that.

http://www.lurcher.org/ukra/ and check my page.

Madge, your fuller of **** than a communal cesspit......

While I don't disagree with your assesment of Madge, and your speakers
certainly qualify as "good", I'm not sure I'd go about proudly
proclaiming that brick & plaster bunker of yours is a "professionally
designed room".

Not professionally designed, but professionally assessed as a good
room, and purchased on that basis. Sssssh - don't tell SWMBO........

Robert Morein

wrote:

results are more than likely meaningless
bull****.

Find some good speakers first in a professionally designed room and try
talking after that.

http://www.lurcher.org/ukra/ and check my page.

Madge, your fuller of **** than a communal cesspit......

While I don't disagree with your assesment of Madge, and your speakers
certainly qualify as "good", I'm not sure I'd go about proudly
proclaiming that brick & plaster bunker of yours is a "professionally
designed room".

Not professionally designed, but professionally assessed as a good
room, and purchased on that basis. Sssssh - don't tell SWMBO........
--

Who did the ass cessment?

Stewart Pinkerton

wrote:

results are more than likely meaningless
bull****.

Find some good speakers first in a professionally designed room and try
talking after that.

http://www.lurcher.org/ukra/ and check my page.

Madge, your fuller of **** than a communal cesspit......

While I don't disagree with your assesment of Madge, and your speakers
certainly qualify as "good", I'm not sure I'd go about proudly
proclaiming that brick & plaster bunker of yours is a "professionally
designed room".

Not professionally designed, but professionally assessed as a good
room, and purchased on that basis. Sssssh - don't tell SWMBO........
--

Who did the ass cessment?

Derek Walsh, who also worked on the assisted reverberation system in
the Royal Festival Hall. He worked for me at the time, at PERA.

Any more snide comments, Moron?

Clyde Slick

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 01:51:36 -0400, "Robert Morein"

Going back in your ancestry, do we find your serfs using a communual
cesspit?

open gutters in town, and a convenient hole in the ground out of town.

Let's drink to the good olde days.