Default Help on Studer A820

Hello, I'm trying to repair my studer a820 1/2" machine. It keeps
popping a fuse on the cap/aux section ( or should I say the light
doesn't light up on that section of the indicator lights after popping
the fuse) Then of course the lcd screen reads "err: Power Supply"
Any suggestions? I'm out in the sticks, and I really don't want to have
to box this guy up and mail him 1/2 way across the country for repair.
I'd like to do as much leg work as I can and then maybe mail in
whatever circuit board I need to.
I have tried pulling all the cards and powering up, but I still pop
a fuse, so I'm guessing it's not a problem on one of the cards.
Please help
Aaron Householter
studio1117

Scott Dorsey

In article . com,
wrote:
Hello, I'm trying to repair my studer a820 1/2" machine. It keeps
popping a fuse on the cap/aux section ( or should I say the light
doesn't light up on that section of the indicator lights after popping
the fuse) Then of course the lcd screen reads "err: Power Supply"
Any suggestions? I'm out in the sticks, and I really don't want to have
to box this guy up and mail him 1/2 way across the country for repair.
I'd like to do as much leg work as I can and then maybe mail in
whatever circuit board I need to.
I have tried pulling all the cards and powering up, but I still pop
a fuse, so I'm guessing it's not a problem on one of the cards.

No, it's a power supply problem. Pull the supply module out and ship it
off for repair. It's actually not THAT hard to work on the things, and
if it's popping fuses the chances of it being a shorted cap are pretty good.
But if you aren't used to working on supplies, send it off.

Yeah, all the test points show proper voltage, but the cap/aux one
shows -10v or something like that. I don't have a scheme or a manual
unfortunately(although I'm looking.) I don't see a voltage listed on
the board where the test points are. i'm not even sure which board
houses the power supply stuff. I'm just trying to get a start on this
before my tech comes around. actually if anyone could tell me what that
voltage is suppose to be at the cap/aux test point and where the power
supply board is located that would help tons.
Thanks
aaron Householter
studio1117