Posted to rec.audio.tech
WindsorFox[_3_] WindsorFox[_3_] is offline

Default WMA vs FLAC

Mr.T wrote:
"WindsorFoxSS" wrote in message
I'll give you a quarter if you promise to use it to buy a sense of
humor.

Maybe you could use it to buy yourself one, if you knew where?

MrT.

I don't need it, I laughed Porky!

--

"I have no need to purchase any bulk e-mail software
and use it to **** off the Internet community and lose

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"WindsorFoxSS" wrote in message
I'll give you a quarter if you promise to use it to buy a sense of
humor.

Maybe you could use it to buy yourself one, if you knew where?

I don't need it, I laughed Porky!

I don't either, I'm laughing at your stupidity too!

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

Mr.T wrote:
"WindsorFoxSS" wrote in message
I'll give you a quarter if you promise to use it to buy a sense of
humor.
Maybe you could use it to buy yourself one, if you knew where?

I don't need it, I laughed Porky!

I don't either, I'm laughing at your stupidity too!

MrT.

Oh you're another one of those better than everyone else assholes.
Maybe you should be in RAO instead of here doucheweasel?

--

"I have no need to purchase any bulk e-mail software
and use it to **** off the Internet community and lose
my Internet account. If I want to **** off somebody,
I'll do it on a one-to-one basis." - Norman L. De Forest

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"WindsorFoxSS" wrote in message
Oh you're another one of those better than everyone else assholes.
Maybe you should be in RAO instead of here doucheweasel?

Looked in the mirror lately?
And your new newsgroup was named after yourself I take it. :-)

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

don pearce wrote:

WindsorFoxSS wrote:
Eeyore wrote:

"WindsorFox" wrote:

Any thoughts on the best file for archiving music???

Linear PCM perhaps ?

Graham

That wasn't an option. Exact Audio Copy is what the program is and I
guess it offers an archiving feature. I've had a couple of people
recommend it as making the best quality cd copies and rips of any other
app available.

If you are ripping a CD, they use Linear PCM, so Exact Audio Copy will
give you a LPCM archive - that is the only option.

Not if you configure EAC to pass the .wav file onto a file compressor. Indeed, EAC comes
'loaded' with an mp3 codec for that (some version of LAME, IIRC), and a handy graphic button
labelled 'MP3' to rip a CD 'directly' to compressed format, but you can point it to FLAC.exe
or any other codec you've got.

--
-S
maybe they wanna rock.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

Steven Sullivan wrote:
comparison chart of lossless codecs (including WMA and FLAC)

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index....ess_comparison

Looks like I made the right choice.

--

"I have no need to purchase any bulk e-mail software
and use it to **** off the Internet community and lose
my Internet account. If I want to **** off somebody,
I'll do it on a one-to-one basis." - Norman L. De Forest

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Geoff Geoff is offline

Steven Sullivan wrote:

Not if you configure EAC to pass the .wav file onto a file
compressor. Indeed, EAC comes 'loaded' with an mp3 codec for that
(some version of LAME, IIRC), and a handy graphic button labelled
'MP3' to rip a CD 'directly' to compressed format, but you can point
it to FLAC.exe or any other codec you've got.

.... which is where it ceases to fit the description 'Exact Audio Copy'....

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"geoff" wrote in message
Not if you configure EAC to pass the .wav file onto a file
compressor. Indeed, EAC comes 'loaded' with an mp3 codec for that
(some version of LAME, IIRC), and a handy graphic button labelled
'MP3' to rip a CD 'directly' to compressed format, but you can point
it to FLAC.exe or any other codec you've got.

... which is where it ceases to fit the description 'Exact Audio Copy'....

And you feel FLAC can not be an exact audio copy, why exactly?
In any case I'm sure there are as many people who use EAC to create MP3
files as use it purely for wave files. I have no problem using it for BOTH
myself.

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

geoff wrote:
Steven Sullivan wrote:
Not if you configure EAC to pass the .wav file onto a file
compressor. Indeed, EAC comes 'loaded' with an mp3 codec for that
(some version of LAME, IIRC), and a handy graphic button labelled
'MP3' to rip a CD 'directly' to compressed format, but you can point
it to FLAC.exe or any other codec you've got.

... which is where it ceases to fit the description 'Exact Audio Copy'....

geoff

That is for the archive function which is optional. It does not
cause it to cease making an exact copy.

--

"I have no need to purchase any bulk e-mail software
and use it to **** off the Internet community and lose
my Internet account. If I want to **** off somebody,
I'll do it on a one-to-one basis." - Norman L. De Forest

Posted to rec.audio.tech

"geoff" wrote ...
Steven Sullivan wrote:

Not if you configure EAC to pass the .wav file onto a file
compressor. Indeed, EAC comes 'loaded' with an mp3 codec for that
(some version of LAME, IIRC), and a handy graphic button labelled
'MP3' to rip a CD 'directly' to compressed format, but you can point
it to FLAC.exe or any other codec you've got.

... which is where it ceases to fit the description 'Exact Audio Copy'....

Then you don't understand the process. EAC does indeed make
as exact a copy as possible (given the minimalist error detection
and correction on Red-Book audio CDs)

What you choose to do with that exact copy is up to you (as it
should be). If you choose to use lossy compression (such as
MP3, etc.) then you made your own decision to make the
"copy" not-exact. But you can't blame that on EAC.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
WindsorFox[_3_] WindsorFox[_3_] is offline

Richard Crowley wrote:
"geoff" wrote ...
Steven Sullivan wrote:
Not if you configure EAC to pass the .wav file onto a file
compressor. Indeed, EAC comes 'loaded' with an mp3 codec for that
(some version of LAME, IIRC), and a handy graphic button labelled
'MP3' to rip a CD 'directly' to compressed format, but you can point
it to FLAC.exe or any other codec you've got.

... which is where it ceases to fit the description 'Exact Audio Copy'....

Then you don't understand the process. EAC does indeed make
as exact a copy as possible (given the minimalist error detection
and correction on Red-Book audio CDs)

What you choose to do with that exact copy is up to you (as it
should be). If you choose to use lossy compression (such as
MP3, etc.) then you made your own decision to make the
"copy" not-exact. But you can't blame that on EAC.

Apparently you failed to understand my original question and it's
purpose far more than I misunderstand the process and I really don't
have the motivation to address that or how "But you can't blame that on
EAC." has nothing to do with anything in this thread. I've gotten the
answer I needed and the "Wizard" has long finished what it was doing.

--

"I have no need to purchase any bulk e-mail software
and use it to **** off the Internet community and lose
my Internet account. If I want to **** off somebody,
I'll do it on a one-to-one basis." - Norman L. De Forest

Posted to rec.audio.tech

"WindsorFoxSS" wrote ...
Richard Crowley wrote:
"geoff" wrote ...
Steven Sullivan wrote:
[...]

And you apparently are ignoring the fact that your
misstatement went on your permanent record (i.e.
Google Groups Archive). Misstatement of facts
should not go unchallengd in the record.

--

"I have no need to purchase any bulk e-mail software
and use it to **** off the Internet community and lose
my Internet account. If I want to **** off somebody,
I'll do it on a one-to-one basis." - Norman L. De Forest

Posted to rec.audio.tech
WindsorFox[_3_] WindsorFox[_3_] is offline

Richard Crowley wrote:
"WindsorFoxSS" wrote ...
Richard Crowley wrote:
"geoff" wrote ...
Steven Sullivan wrote:
[...]

WTF are you talking about??? Please quote the "misstatement."

My damn question was WMA or FLAC because the EAC configuration wizard
asked "How would you like to save files for archiving? WMA lossless, or
FLAC. With a check box beside each one. I was told that it will save
files without archiving but if you choose to archive it saves in the
format you chose.

--

"I have no need to purchase any bulk e-mail software
and use it to **** off the Internet community and lose
my Internet account. If I want to **** off somebody,
I'll do it on a one-to-one basis." - Norman L. De Forest

Posted to rec.audio.tech

geoff wrote:
Steven Sullivan wrote:

Not if you configure EAC to pass the .wav file onto a file
compressor. Indeed, EAC comes 'loaded' with an mp3 codec for that
(some version of LAME, IIRC), and a handy graphic button labelled
'MP3' to rip a CD 'directly' to compressed format, but you can point
it to FLAC.exe or any other codec you've got.

... which is where it ceases to fit the description 'Exact Audio Copy'....

It only stops being an exact copy if you use a lossy codec. A lossless one is,
well, *lossless*, and a lossless compressed EAC rip can be expanded back
into an exact copy.

--
-S
maybe they wanna rock.
maybe they need to rock.
Maybe it's for the money? But That's none of our business..our business as fans is to rock
with them.

WAV vs FLAC [email protected] Pro Audio 46 October 16th 06 02:22 AM
WAV vs FLAC [email protected] High End Audio 5 September 28th 06 12:46 AM
WAV or FLAC ripping [email protected] Audio Opinions 2 September 26th 06 10:04 PM
Flac Vs. Wav [email protected] Tech 10 September 26th 06 03:15 PM
how to rip to FLAC? Yibbels Tech 2 May 2nd 05 07:55 PM