Default Why Stewart Pinkerton commits character assassination

Hello.

I'm probably the longest Jute-watcher here, since Mr Jute's text on
automobile design was pressed into my hand as my bible on my first day
at work right out of college. Normally I just lurk but Pinkerton's
grotesque character assassination of Mr Jute should not pass
unchallenged.

BACKGROUND:After a quick glance at the internet, Stewart Pinkerton
postured on RAT and UKRA as an expert on Quad electrostatics, making
grotesquely mistaken statements. On the basis of these erroneous
conclusions, Pinkerton abused Phil Allison and Andre Jute as cretins
and suchlike. When others forced Pinkerton to retract, far from
apologizing about the lies he told about them, Pinkerton further abused
Messrs Allison and Jute.

PINKERTON LIE NO 311: Now, in desperation, Pinkerton tries character
assassination. On the sole evidence that Mr Jute was born in South
Africa, Pinkerton makes the racist slur that Mr Jute is a child
murderer: "You however, are a sad and bitter old hack, crying into his
Guinness about the good old days when you could have black kids shot at
dawn."

Here are some facts that have been in the papers and on the BBC and are
reprinted on Mr Jute's book jackets.

FACT: The apartheid government twice sent assassins after Mr Jute for
his work for freedom for oppressed people. That is precisely the
opposite of what Stewart Pinkerton, on no evidence whatsoever, tries to
make out.

PINKERTON LIE NO 312: On the basis that Mr Jute once worked in
intelligence, Pinkerton accuses him of having been a member of BOSS,
the apartheid secret police.

FACT: Pinkerton didn't ask where Mr Jute was an intelligence officer or
what sort of an intelligence officer before he starts spraying lies; he
just makes grotesque assumptions. Mr Jute was not a member of BOSS,
ever. But the assassins who tried to kill Mr Jute were employed by
BOSS. The truth is precisely the opposite of the lie Pinkerton tells.

PINKERTON LIE NO 313: It is widely known that between engineering and
other professional texts in more esoteric subjects on which he has
knowledge, Mr Jute writes novels, some of them under the pseudonym
Andrew McCoy. This Pinkerton describes as "Also wrote some potboilers
under the name Andrew McCoy" which according to Pinkerton are
"worthless".

FACT: The reason the apartheid government (for whom Pinkerton makes the
racist claim that Mr Jute committed child murders) twice sent the BOSS
assassins (of whom Pinkerton claims Mr Jute was a member) to kill Mr
Jute was precisely for the books under the pseudonym Andrew McCoy
(according to Pinkerton "worthless potboilers"). Actually, it is easy
to find out that these novels were highly reviewed in the best media
around the world. The New York Times called Atrocity Week 'a towering
landmark in the literature of violence'; the apartheid government
agreed and sent assassins after Mr Jute. The Insurrectionist, a novel,
remember (according to Pinkerton a 'worthless potboiler'), was reviewed
by the BBC on the main news by the Director of the Institute for
Strategic Studies as 'a blueprint for a black revolution'; the
apartheid government agreed and tried to kill Mr Jute for it; the book
was widely translated (I first read it in Spanish) and in all those
languages used as a textbook by revolutionaries; it was a prescribed
text in the antiterrorist training of soldiers and civil servants at
British universities (my brother had it in his course given by
Brigadier Richard Clutterbuck).

CONCLUSION: Mr Jute, whatever you may think of his short way with
fools, is a libertarian and humanitarian intellectual who has affected
the course of history on two continents. He is a renaissance man, an
artist, an engineer, a soldier, a thinker, a revered teacher.
Pinkerton is a postman of junk mail; even there Mr Jute, a sort of
demi-god to graphic designers (both my first two wives were graphic
designers) and one of the world's leading experts in the esoteric
science of print reprographics, knows more about Pinkerton's business
than Pinkerton ever will!

It is difficult not to conclude that Pinkerton's attempted character
assassinations of Mr Jute are the result of Pinkerton's envy of a
superior human being.

Frank B

Stewart Pinkerton wrote:

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:45:10 +0000 (UTC), Stewart Pinkerton
wrote:

On 14 Mar 2005 23:34:42 -0000, Andre Jute
wrote:

Quad ESLs - 57 or 63? Pinkerton's lies debunked

Try to tell the difference between lies and an honest mistake. Oh, I
forgot, you're so far gone that you don't know the difference

between
lies and reality.

A short synopsis, for those who don't know this clown:

Born 1945 in Oudtshoorn, South Africa, Andre Jute McCoy was educated
at the Universities of Stellenbosch (South Africa) and Adelaide. He
has had a variety of occupations and interests, including advertising
(he became a partner in an advertising company at the age of 23 and
retired at 26), intelligence officer, racing driver, big game hunter,
actor, critic of theatre, music and art, magazine editor, public
relations officer and professional gambler.....

Also wrote some potboilers under the name Andrew McCoy, between 1978
and 1988. This sad old clown leaves Walter Mitty in the dust, and you
can judge his basic character from his self-admitted time as an
'intelligence officer' - ever read about the lovely boys of BOSS?

wrote:

Quad ESLs - 57 or 63? Pinkerton's lies debunked

Try to tell the difference between lies and an honest mistake. Oh, I
forgot, you're so far gone that you don't know the difference between
lies and reality.

I'm not inclinded to be so tolerant, Mike.

No ****!

Pinko got this dumb misunderstanding from the Quad site where they

say that
from 1957 to 1966 PJW developed electrostats. That's all it says; it

can mean
anything or nothing but in fact is specifically intended to mean

nothing without
being challenged. Pinko was just tripped up by a copywriter who

probably the
day before wrote about soap and the day after about salad cream.

It wasn't some old Yarpie hack who normally writes potboiler
'thrillers', was it?

The blustering fool Pinkerton doesn't just tell a lie, he uses the

lie to malign
an audio designer, Peter Walker, whose feet he isn't fit to lick:

Just another typical lie from the sad Jute sack.

And it's revealing that Walker had already started work on the

'63

three years before the '57 even went on sale in 1966.

In other words, the useless poseur Pinkerton claims Walker sold the

57 while
knowing it wasn't good enough.

The '63 is an *entirely* different speaker, and if the tired old hack
Jute knew anything about industry, he'd be well aware that you use
sales from existing products to develop better ones. The '57 was the
best that PJW could make in 1957, but he knew that more was possible,
and he took a *long* time to get the '63 ready for production, during
which time the '57 kept the cash flowing.

This is the speaker that was voted the greatest
audiophile invention of the 20th century! But Pinkerton---a failed

salaryman,
an "engineer" who for a living essentially cleans up the computers

of more
creative people!---thinks its creator was a fool and a crook. What a

pluperfect
****** this Pinkerton is.

What a pathetic liar Jute is - but evertone on RAT already knows

this.

Pinko starts hurling insults every time we catch him out in these

silly mistakes
and lies. He calls Phil Allison "a cretin" for correcting his

(Pinkerton's)
ignorance.

Allison *is* a foul-mouthed cretin - as are you.

On this occasion, I was wrong. Some of us accept being wrong, add the
truth to our memory banks, and move on. You however, are a sad and
bitter old hack, crying into his Guinness about the god old days when
you could have black kids shot at dawn.

Pinkerton gets it grotesquely wrong and then screeches at me

"you're
too used to writing pot-boiler fiction".

You are, that's obvious with every one of your pathetic self-pitying
posts.

I can't be bothered to straighten
out this poor moron Pinkerton who cannot even distinguish

engineering texts
and other professional handbooks from literary fiction. There

doesn't seem
to be anything of value in Pinkerton's life, just spiteful lies

about more
creative men. He's worthless.

As worthless as 'Andrew McCoy'? I think not.......................

Jon Yaeger

in article ,
at wrote on 3/15/05 10:55 PM:

[...]

Tell us a bit about yourself, Frank.

You say you are the longest Jute-watcher here, but based upon a Google
search you have been rather absent before December 2004.

Your first sentence, however, is vaguely familiar . . . I have seen the same
wording about Jute's text allegedly being a bible for the auto industry
appear on this N.G.

The way you number Pinkerton's sins is a standard Jute trademark (like the
229 abuses!)

It is hard to imagine that anyone else would find Jute so interesting that
they would have an in depth knowledge of the facts and circumstances of his
life, as the above other displays.

I can't help but conclude that it was all composed by Mr. Jute himself,
using a new sockpuppet. After all, that's one of Jutey-Fruity's proven
devices . . . Or is that Nomen, George Orwell, Anon, etc??

Nice try.

Stewart Pinkerton

On 15 Mar 2005 19:55:58 -0800, wrote:

Hello.

I'm probably the longest Jute-watcher here, since Mr Jute's text on
automobile design was pressed into my hand as my bible on my first day
at work right out of college. Normally I just lurk but Pinkerton's
grotesque character assassination of Mr Jute should not pass
unchallenged.

Grotesque? A simple cut and paste from an Aussie literary website is
'grotesque'?

Bull****, no such 'posturing' took place.

making
grotesquely mistaken statements.

Again with the 'grotesque'? I made *one* simple error of fact, based
on misleading information on Quad's own website. Who'd doing the
'grotesque' misrepresenting here?

On the basis of these erroneous
conclusions, Pinkerton abused Phil Allison and Andre Jute as cretins
and suchlike. When others forced Pinkerton to retract, far from
apologizing about the lies he told about them, Pinkerton further abused
Messrs Allison and Jute.

No abuse, simply accurate descripotions.

PINKERTON LIE NO 311: Now, in desperation, Pinkerton tries character
assassination. On the sole evidence that Mr Jute was born in South
Africa, Pinkerton makes the racist slur that Mr Jute is a child
murderer: "You however, are a sad and bitter old hack, crying into his
Guinness about the good old days when you could have black kids shot at
dawn."

No lie, but based on Jute's own admission that he had put some kid up
in front of a firing squad. I though you said you were familiar with
Jute?

Here are some facts that have been in the papers and on the BBC and are
reprinted on Mr Jute's book jackets.

FACT: The apartheid government twice sent assassins after Mr Jute for
his work for freedom for oppressed people. That is precisely the
opposite of what Stewart Pinkerton, on no evidence whatsoever, tries to
make out.

Fact? You think if BOSS wanted Jute dead, he'd still be alive?

What's with the 'grotesque' numbering system, you lying sack of ****?

FACT: Pinkerton didn't ask where Mr Jute was an intelligence officer or
what sort of an intelligence officer before he starts spraying lies; he
just makes grotesque assumptions. Mr Jute was not a member of BOSS,
ever. But the assassins who tried to kill Mr Jute were employed by
BOSS. The truth is precisely the opposite of the lie Pinkerton tells.

Prove it.

PINKERTON LIE NO 313: It is widely known that between engineering and
other professional texts in more esoteric subjects on which he has
knowledge, Mr Jute writes novels, some of them under the pseudonym
Andrew McCoy. This Pinkerton describes as "Also wrote some potboilers
under the name Andrew McCoy" which according to Pinkerton are
"worthless".

Have you read any of them?

FACT: The reason the apartheid government (for whom Pinkerton makes the
racist claim that Mr Jute committed child murders) twice sent the BOSS
assassins (of whom Pinkerton claims Mr Jute was a member) to kill Mr
Jute was precisely for the books under the pseudonym Andrew McCoy
(according to Pinkerton "worthless potboilers"). Actually, it is easy
to find out that these novels were highly reviewed in the best media
around the world. The New York Times called Atrocity Week 'a towering
landmark in the literature of violence'; the apartheid government
agreed and sent assassins after Mr Jute.

More pathetic Walter Mitty stuff - if BOSS had tried to kill Jute,
they'd have succeeded, first time. And how pray, did this all become
public knowledge? Andrew McCoy is listed in the Fantasy section of a
literary website - and for good reason, as we see in these ever more
fantastical posts.

The Insurrectionist, a novel,
remember (according to Pinkerton a 'worthless potboiler'), was reviewed
by the BBC on the main news by the Director of the Institute for
Strategic Studies as 'a blueprint for a black revolution'; the
apartheid government agreed and tried to kill Mr Jute for it; the book
was widely translated (I first read it in Spanish)

Oh dear, the tales get wilder and wilder..............

and in all those
languages used as a textbook by revolutionaries; it was a prescribed
text in the antiterrorist training of soldiers and civil servants at
British universities (my brother had it in his course given by
Brigadier Richard Clutterbuck).

CONCLUSION: Mr Jute, whatever you may think of his short way with
fools, is a libertarian and humanitarian intellectual who has affected
the course of history on two continents.

That's what he'd like you to think, the reality is more like Billy
Liar or Walter Mitty.

He is a renaissance man, an
artist, an engineer, a soldier, a thinker, a revered teacher.

No, just a sad old asshole, crying into his Guinness and spewing bile
on Usenet.

Pinkerton is a postman of junk mail;

Just another typical Jute lie.

even there Mr Jute, a sort of
demi-god to graphic designers (both my first two wives were graphic
designers) and one of the world's leading experts in the esoteric
science of print reprographics, knows more about Pinkerton's business
than Pinkerton ever will!

BWAHAHA! Yet *another* 'glittering career'? Baron Munchausen would
fall at his feet in admiration......................

Have you any idea how pathetic is this sycophancy for a sociopathic
asshole like Jute? Of course, it's much more likely that you *are*
Jute, since he tends to use lots of sockpuppets.

It is difficult not to conclude that Pinkerton's attempted character
assassinations of Mr Jute are the result of Pinkerton's envy of a
superior human being.

BWAHAHAHA!

Frank B

More like Andre JM..........

My 'attempted character assassination' is a simple lift from a
literary website, plus a retelling of Jute's own admission, and Jute's
character should be very clear from his hate-filled and spiteful posts
in this forum. Lest we forget, I entered this forum with some
*factual* deconstructions of Jute's worthless assumptions on which he
based the (so far mythical) KISS amplifier. At this point, it was *he*
who started four separate pure attack threads, without ever addressing
the technical points at hand. I seldom start fights, but I'm certainly
capable of finishing them................

Now, **** off back to the drawer, sockpuppet.

Phil Allison

"Stewart Pinkerton"

BACKGROUND:After a quick glance at the internet, Stewart Pinkerton
postured on RAT and UKRA as an expert on Quad electrostatics,

Bull****, no such 'posturing' took place.

** The record shows the exact opposite - the good for nothing Pommy ****
constantly postures as an expert Quad ESLs.

making grotesquely mistaken statements.

Again with the 'grotesque'? I made *one* simple error of fact,

** The record shows that Pinko the ****ing Turd chose to mindlessly abuse
folk who were posting very well known FACTs about the matter.

As he does regularly and constantly on many other matters.

based on misleading information on Quad's own website.

** As anyone here could have told the Posturing Pommy **** - if he had
simply revealed the source of WRONG info.

On the basis of these erroneous
conclusions, Pinkerton abused Phil Allison and Andre Jute as cretins
and suchlike. When others forced Pinkerton to retract, far from
apologizing about the lies he told about them, Pinkerton further abused
Messrs Allison and Jute.

No abuse, simply accurate descripotions.

** Stewart Pinkerton is a piece of sub human garbage.

Any convicted child molester you can name is far more worthy individual.

............. Phil

Ian Bell

I see RAT and UKRA continue to maintain their standards of invective.

Ian
--
Ian Bell

Stewart Pinkerton

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:44:24 +0000, Ian Bell
wrote:

I see RAT and UKRA continue to maintain their standards of invective.

You can blame the two psycho-RATs for spreading it to UKRA.

Ian Iveson

"Ian Bell" wrote

I see RAT and UKRA continue to maintain their standards of
invective.

No, no, no, it's an insult to lump RAT and UKRA together. UKRA isn't
in our league. Our standard of invective is **far** superior. I
assume that's why Stew came to RAT...seeking a better quality of
insult.

cheers, Ian

Dear Mr Jute

I did not post my list of Pinkerton's lies in defense of you. You are
demonstrably big enough to look after yourself. I acted because
Pinkerton's public lack of rationality and decency is an insult to the
profession of "engineer".

Though I did save your private pages before you removed them, most of
what I know about you is from public sources. There is nothing in my
post that hasn't been in a newspaper or on television or on the radio
or in one of your own books. That is the the point of my letter, that
Pinkerton could with a minimum of effort have checked every one of his
accusations and discovered them to be a lie. I take your point, that
Pinkerton doesn't care that such grotesque accusations cannot be true
and should not be made in public without extraordinary prior efforts at
proof. But that is only another way of stating my reason of Pinkerton's
irrationality and indecency.

I understand your reluctance to entrust too many personal details to
the net to be trivialized by what you call "the sneering, jeering
slime", but you must allow me my own reasons for pointing out
Pinkerton's grotesque lies and distortions. If other engineers do not
join you in putting down a malevolent liar who calls himself an
"engineer", who will?

Your sincerely,

Frank B.

Andre Jute wrote:
rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio

Why Stewart Pinkerton commits character assassination

Come on, Frank. I was just going to let the idiot Pinkerton twist on

the vine.
I mean, who in his right mind will believe the slimeball Pinkerton's

racist
accusation of -- wait for it -- child murder! The poor little man is

obviously
disturbed.

Anyhow, why give the little ****** all that information about me? If

he wants
to know, he can go buy one of my books, put money in my pocket, then

read the
blurbs. I don't explain myself to slime, and I am not grateful when

you do
it. It is for this reason that years ago I pulled my private netsite,

clearly
the original source of most of your concentrated information.

You are apparently a rational, hardworking guy. But you have failed

to understand
that the hatred Pinkerton bears me isn't rational. He wouldn't hate

me less
if I tried to be less obviously smarter than him. Jon Yaeger gave us

the text
the other day: "Right or wrong" Jute is wrong because those

irrational dickheads
Yeager and his buddy Pinkerton do not like me; facts are irrelevant.

It is
my existence that bothers them, my insistence on truth making them

look shabby
all the time. I'm the Jew in their fraudulent Hall of Heroes. Even if

I moved
out of Pinkerton's sun, he would still hate me for being born

principled. It
is a sort of curse we Calvinists bear bravely. (Well, at least

laughing all
the way to the bank.) You can't argue with terrorists and Pinkerton

is a silicon
terrorist on a tube conference. Everything you said is right and

brilliantly
argued, but Pinkerton will not grasp a word of it through his haze of

self-justified
hatred. Okay?

As for your first two wives bringing me into your marital bed, that's

a small
price to pay for the privilege of being married to a graphic

designer. At least
the bedspread will be pleasing and the bedside books interestingly

designed--and
by me! Hee-hee.

Let the silly little pudding-pull Pinkerton run. Certainly someone

who has
to tell everyone he bought not one but two Vorsprung Durch Technic

(in the
hope of seeming young, thrusting, modern, advanced?) is not worthy of

the attentions
of a man who married two graphic designers in succession and can even

spell
reprographics, never mind know what it is. Pinkerton is a nobody who

will wear
himself out soon enough, a lightweight who will blow away on his own

foul breath.

Andre Jute

[...]

Chris Morriss

In message , Jon Yaeger
writes
in article ,
at
wrote on 3/15/05 10:55 PM:

[...]

If it's Andre's book on designing and building specials, then it's one
of the most amateurish books on the subject I've seen. Far, far better
to get one of Alan Staniforth's books on a similar subject.

But seeing how AJ is such a hero (sic) here, perhaps someone would like
to make an offer to buy my VGC copy of his book?

--
Chris Morriss
Triffid

Ian Bell wiffled:
I see RAT and UKRA continue to maintain their standards of invective.

It's why I lurk! Not a lot of point doing much else ATM.

--
Despite appearances, it is still legal to put sugar on cornflakes.

Why Stewart Pinkerton commits character assassination
rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio

By Frank B's numbering system, these are probably "Pinkerton Lies Nos
954 through 993". Looks like every time Pinkerton breathes out, a lie
escapes his lips.

Lest we forget, I entered this forum with some
*factual* deconstructions of Jute's worthless assumptions on which he
based

You stormed in here and attempted to bully me into accepting you as my
guru. Your fascist style is well captured by your own description
"deconstructions of Jute's worthless assumptions ". Your attitude was
hostile and your beliefs predigested prejudice. I treated your
impertinence with the contempt it deserved.

the (so far mythical) KISS amplifier.

This outright, instantly disprovable lie is so grotesque (hee-hee!)
that I am giving it a thread of its own.

At this point, it was *he*
who started four separate pure attack threads,

Really? I just dug a hole in the ground, Pinko, with a few notes about
incompetent techies, not naming you. You dived face first into it,
screeching, "I'm guilty, I'm guilty." As for calling you the "organ
grinder's monkey", it appears to me that you entirely missed the pun on
"Arnie's monkey". Everyone else got it and laughed their heads off. It
is not my problem if you are accident-prone and humourless.

without ever addressing
the technical points at hand.

You must be suffering reading comprehension deficit disorder, Pinko. I
addressed all your points, insofar as they were valid or even
interesting, or at least those worth discussion in a tube context, to
the extent that I had time for digressions, in various articles I
published on the Fiultra netsite and on RAT, for instance in my
explanation of why excessive NFB (and big ali heatsinks!) cause Borg
Pinkotrontrash to sound like ****.
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/KISS%20100.htm
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...dre%20Jute.htm
But in any event, what makes you think I need a fool like you as a
technical advisor? I have vastly more experience with 300B than you and
qualified technical advice is a phone call away or available right here
on RAT from people with vastly better manners than you possess and, it
goes without saying, far more technical knowledge. You're surplus to
requirements, Pinko, and anyway useless because you can't be trusted to
tell the truth on professional electronic matters, as we saw in Quad
ESL debate and so many other times.

I seldom start fights,

Only daily...

but I'm certainly
capable of finishing them................

Threats are such a waste of breath.

Andre Jute

Here is Pinko's weaselling reply to Frank B given in full for
connoisseurs of slime:

The character assassin Stewart Pinkerton wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Frank, I see the message you posted for me and I have
discovered the right proxy finder to work with my Mac. You can trash
the other messages I asked you to post as I've made a successful test
and reckon I can handle it. Thanks for the help. -- Andre Jute

****?

[...]

The slimy character assassin Stewart Pinkerton
wrote:

the (so far mythical) KISS amplifier.

This is an outright, instantly disprovable lie. Hardware prototypes of
various input topologies were built and thorougly tested and published
more than a year ago on the sites of the RAT contributors John Byrns
and Mick, and again on my Fiultra site last November.
On the Byrns site for well over a year now:
http://users.rcn.com/jbyrns/MZamp.jpg
http://users.rcn.com/jbyrns/HWAFhorn.jpg
On Mick's prototype site for well over a year now:
http://www.geocities.com/mixtel99/index.html
where it is actually described as "work in progress".
On the Fiultra site since 4 November:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/KISS%20190.htm
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...0T68MZ417A.jpg
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...20T91HWAF3.jpg
The photographs show hardware, layout plan, etc, etc, plus the horn for
which the amp is intended. Also on the Fiultra site is extensive
discussion of other aspects of the project.
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/KISS%20100.htm
On RAT there has been extensive discussion of the prototype development
for well over a year and it is repeatedly referred to on RAT for over a
year as in use with various speakers, being tested against other
topologies, etc.

With all of that standing, let's hear Pinkerton's lie again:
the (so far mythical) KISS amplifier.

Contrast an amp for which Stewart Pinkerton demanded three months to
design, build, test and describe it. After three months he delivered a
sketch with the device numbers missing! It was unbuilt, untested,
undescribed, a despicable travesty. If there is a mythical,
non-existent amp, it is Pinkerton's KISSass silicon homage to my 300B
project. Pinkerton is as sullen as a rejected woman and now you know
why.

The KISS Amp 300B project was temporarily halted because of Pinkerton's
constant heckling and the tide of silicon **** he washed over us, but
now that we have at long last seen the dumb 1960s cookbook circuit he
put up as competition, I have been discussing in private mail with
other RATs when precisely we should resume the KISS project.

Andre Jute
The Pinkerton Education Fund: give a buck to teach this fool to lie
better

Chris Morriss wrote:

If it's Andre's book on designing and building specials, then it's

one
of the most amateurish books on the subject I've seen. Far, far

better
to get one of Alan Staniforth's books on a similar subject.

But seeing how AJ is such a hero (sic) here, perhaps someone would

like
to make an offer to buy my VGC copy of his book?

--
Chris Morriss

Too bad you didn't get along with my book, Chris, but it probably
wasn't written with you in mind. If you like Mr Staniforth's book
better, it is obviously meant for you. Horses for courses.

If your copy of my book is clean, I would be interested as it is twenty
years since I last had a copy and I've been eyeing the new Chevrolet
ali engines LS2 -2 -6 and their 6 liter ironblock equivalents which
might make a nice bit of horsepower in a lighweight lane-hacker to take
my bicycle to safer places to cycle. How much do you want and in what
currency, including postage to Ireland?

Andre Jute

In message , Jon Yaeger
writes
in article ,
at
wrote on 3/15/05 10:55 PM:

[...]

Jeff Thompson

Dances With Sockpuppets wrote:
Did anyone else notice this is Andre signing a post made from Frank B's
email address?

I noticed. Andre posted this as an apparent explanation.

"Thanks, Frank, I see the message you posted for me and I have
discovered the right proxy finder to work with my Mac. You can trash
the other messages I asked you to post as I've made a successful test
and reckon I can handle it. Thanks for the help. -- Andre Jute"

If it looks like a sock, and acts like a sock, and smells like a sock...
Stewart Pinkerton

wrote:

the (so far mythical) KISS amplifier.

This is an outright, instantly disprovable lie.

Nope, it's an obvious truth, since in *none* of the links given below,
is there *any* sign of a simple 300B amplifier, i.e. KISS. It's
vapourware, and even it did exist, it would still be based on
demonstrably false premises.

[...]

What 'lie'? Show me in *any* place on the face of this earth, a
two-stage amplifier with 300B output tube, designed and built by Andre
Jute. It doesn't exist, it's a myth spread by RAT's most notorious
liar and sociopath.

Contrast an amp for which Stewart Pinkerton demanded three months to
design, build, test and describe it. After three months he delivered a
sketch with the device numbers missing! It was unbuilt, untested,
undescribed, a despicable travesty. If there is a mythical,
non-existent amp, it is Pinkerton's KISSass silicon homage to my 300B
project. Pinkerton is as sullen as a rejected woman and now you know
why.

No way is KISASS a 'homage' to anything, especially not to your
non-existent flea-power abomination. KISASS is quite simply an easy to
build SS alternative having a similar transfer function to a
single-ended tube amp, less than ten watts output power, and no loop
feedback. That's it, nothing more. I supplied recommended active
devices, it will work with lots of alternatives, but will be somewhat
less linear than with the recommended MJL4281/MJL4302 pair. BTW, the
underlying philosophy and circuit details were described at length on
RAT, so stop lying.

The KISS Amp 300B project was temporarily halted because of Pinkerton's
constant heckling and the tide of silicon **** he washed over us, but
now that we have at long last seen the dumb 1960s cookbook circuit he
put up as competition, I have been discussing in private mail with
other RATs when precisely we should resume the KISS project.

Sure you have, Andy, sure you have. BTW, if KISS exists, why are you
having to 'resume the project'? Pathetic. BTW, your '60s cookbook'
comment is just hilariously, for someone who is supposed to be
'designing' an amp straight of a '20s cookbook...................

Stewart Pinkerton wrote:

[Andre's] simple 300B amplifier, i.e. KISS. It's
vapourware, and even it did exist, it would still be based on
demonstrably false premises.

Coming and going, facing both ways, you can't get there from here...
Which is it, Pinko? Pinkerton is totally deranged with hatred and envy.
Everyone on RAT has seen the KISS 300B project. Poor Pinkerton even
tried to set himself up as its guru. But now, to suit his swingeing
mood this minute (before it swings wildly to another extreme), the
project never existed and is anyway based on "false premises". (More of
the same irrational ranting in his full post quoted below.)

The posturing fool Pinkerton, as he did in the Quad ESL debate, dipped
for ten seconds into a netsite and then start posturing as an expert on
the newsgroups, on the basis of his misunderstanding of the information
calling people who rejected his importunations all kinds of names, in
this thread among others "sociopathic liar". Without proof of course.
We can see who the disruptive sociopath is. Nobody invited Pinko to
RAT; nobody wants him except the dishonest garage trader Yaeger who
also believes that "Jute is wrong even when he is right, isn't he?" Is
there anyone to whom it isn't yet clear that Pinkerton came to RAT
specifically on some silly silicon crusade to disrupt the KISS 300B
project?

The proof that Pinkerton doesn't understand the first thing about an
ultrafi SE amp is his risible statement--I burst out laughing and spilt
Corton Rouge over my keyboard--that the Pinkerton Travesty (if it is
ever built) will have "a similar transfer function to a single-ended
tube amp". Clearly this posturing old fool needs to review
the--"non-existent" hee-hee!--KISS 300B literature some more, with
particular reference to what I say about harmonic distribution.

I think enough has been said to explain why in future I shall just
ignore this tired old flame merchant Pinkerton's spittle-spraying
posturing and get on with productive work.

Andre Jute
The Real McCoy Quality Control Stamp is withheld from Stewart Pinkerton
for cause

wrote:

[...]

Sander deWaal

Chris Morriss said:

If it's Andre's book on designing and building specials, then it's

one
of the most amateurish books on the subject I've seen. Far, far

better
to get one of Alan Staniforth's books on a similar subject.

And later:

How about 15 Euros plus whatever the postage costs?

Seriously, if I thought someone's book was " most amateurish", I'd be
happy to ship it back to him for free.

In this world, money replaces dignity.

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "
Stimpy

François Yves Le Gal wrote:

WTF is 'Corton Rouge'?

Could be some Corton, an excellent red wine from Burgundy. Or a
misspelled Cordon Rouge.

Given the use of the upper case 'R' in Rouge, I suspect it's a giveaway that
*someone* doesn't know what they're talking about when it comes to Champagne

Stimpy wrote:
Fran=E7ois Yves Le Gal wrote:

WTF is 'Corton Rouge'?

Could be some Corton, an excellent red wine from Burgundy. Or a
misspelled Cordon Rouge.

Given the use of the upper case 'R' in Rouge, I suspect it's a

giveaway that
*someone* doesn't know what they're talking about when it comes to

Champagne

Nah, Stimpy, I'm happy to admit I know little about champagne (1) and
could care less. The bubbles just rot your gut faster. In the summer I
like Lambrusco, a cheap Italian sparkling wine which I drink out of a
bottle-sized beer stein like coolie. If I really can't avoid breaking
out the champers, I serve Roederer's Kristal. When someone else forces
champagne on me I make a scandalous resistance by demanding sec 'for my
sweet tooth'.

And no, a misspelling denoting ignorance is not the sort of error I
commit. I'm talking about a red wine called generically Corton Rouge by
Anglophones the same way we invariably would refer to claret whenever
we had a French academic to dinner at college. It rarely failed to
infuriate.

But do tell us everything you know about bubbly. Stimpy. Not much else
to do on RAT right now.

Andre Jute
Sipping a nicely chilled New Zealand White Cloud as an aperitif to my
midnight snack; with the midnight snack I shall drink a strictly
medicinal glass of Errazzuriz Reserva cab sav from Chile; and
afterwards I shall dip into a bottle of Mas Amiel (a dessert Grenache,
like having a chocolate treeoutside your window) I opened at 6pm. By
then I shall just be mellow enough to write the gallstone of RAT a
charming letter, and another to suck up to Pinko after he was supine
enough to name his amp KISSASS in homage to my KISS; poor fellow -- I
wonder if his entire life is as much of a catastrophe as that so-called
"design".

(1) Yeah, I know you want me to spell champagne with a capital. I don't
think so but thanks for your thoughts all the same. I'm not a fashion
victim, and I have a lifelong record of resistance to hypocritical,
self-serving French political correctness. I laboured in that vineyard
before President Bush (a great man) even discovered where France is on
the map. Can't blame him. A few elections from now it will not be
necessary for an American president to know where France is.

Jon Yaeger

Andre Jute
Sipping a nicely chilled New Zealand White Cloud as an aperitif to my
midnight snack; with the midnight snack I shall drink a strictly
medicinal glass of Errazzuriz Reserva cab sav from Chile; and
afterwards I shall dip into a bottle of Mas Amiel (a dessert Grenache,
like having a chocolate treeoutside your window) I opened at 6pm. By
then I shall just be mellow enough to write the gallstone of RAT a
charming letter, and another to suck up to Pinko after he was supine
enough to name his amp KISSASS in homage to my KISS; poor fellow -- I
wonder if his entire life is as much of a catastrophe as that so-called
"design".

Dined at Taco Bell tonite. Enjoyed a crisp nachos grande served with diced,
ripened tomatoes, fluffy sour cream, and frijoles refritos, served atop corn
chips, known in the native tongue as "fritos."

My delicious repast was accompanied by two regular beef tacos, with sauce
picante. The bubbly was a diet Pepsi, a naughty indulgence in this
birthplace of Coca Cola.

Subsequently, the digestive process was herald by a mellow and robust belch.
At the urging of signals from the nether regions I made my way to their
powder room, where I proceeded to . . . . .

Narcissism's grand, isn't it? W.G.A.S.

Jon Yaeger wrote:

Andre Jute
Sipping a nicely chilled New Zealand White Cloud as an aperitif to

my
midnight snack; with the midnight snack I shall drink a strictly
medicinal glass of Errazzuriz Reserva cab sav from Chile; and
afterwards I shall dip into a bottle of Mas Amiel (a dessert

Grenache,
like having a chocolate treeoutside your window) I opened at 6pm.

By
then I shall just be mellow enough to write the gallstone of RAT a
charming letter, and another to suck up to Pinko after he was

supine
enough to name his amp KISSASS in homage to my KISS; poor fellow --

wonder if his entire life is as much of a catastrophe as that

so-called
"design".

Narcissism's grand, isn't it?

Try a dictionary, Jon-John. How can anyone who eats and drinks like I
do, and looks like what he is, a sixteen-stone retired sportsman, be a
narcissist? Put your mind in gear, man.

Dined at Taco Bell tonite.

Cooked for my family. Superb vegetable lasagna. Recipe:

Finely slice three baby leeks. The ones grown in Welsh soil taste best.
Dip Israeli tomatoes in boiling water, peel and chop. Mix a little very
concentrated vegetable stock cooked with white wine with a quarter
teaspoon of Marmite so no one can accuse you of being a vegetarian.
Cook and finely some chop enough leaf spinach to make up the required
amount of filling..

Grate strong cheddar cheese. Dubliner Mature is best. Or you can use
one of the fancy varietals from the Isle of Man. The oak smoked does
not cook well (it eats superbly!) but I love the mature cheddar with
whole peppercorns and the garlic and chives variety. Put butter,
mustard and grated nutmeg in a pan for the white sauce. Peel several
baby carrots and put them through the side of the grater intended to
slice cheese into flat sheets.

Lay out all the other ingredients instantly to hand, also implements.
Don't start cooking until you are ready to cook everything in one
smooth progression or you will burn something or overcook it. Warm up
two plates and the oven. Wipe the lasagna dish with garlic-steeped
olive oil. Put a good bit of the same olive oil in the bottom of one
pan and heat on stove.

Into hot oil drop sliced leek and carrot. Toss in oil, sear to seal.
Only amateur cooks worry about slight edge-burning; the experienced
knows it gives taste. Add tomatoes and stock. Cover and simmer (don't
overcook!) while making white sauce in saucepan with mustard and
nutmeg.

Note that not salt is added, nor pepper. (The leek has a peppery taste
and the nutmeg will bring out the other flavours.)

When white sauce is ready, add half a glass of red wine (not cheap
****--if you won't drink it, don't cook with it) to the filling as you
take it off the heat (safe for children--the alcohol will evaporate in
the oven) and a small bit of cheese to the white sauce ditto.

Build the lasagna in the dish (as explained on the lasagna packet, if
you don't know how; never buy lasagna you have to pre-cook because it
takes too much time, is actually an expert joh, and anyway the
use-as-is variety tastes better; try common Roma brand). Sprinkle top
layer of sauce with grated cheese. Dust with paprika. Cook for 30m or
until al dente (test with fork). Make enough to serve without anything
else except perhaps a green salad or sorbet afterwards. (This is
comfort food; no point in mean servings.) Serve with red wine,
preferably Chilean or Australian varietals.

Wash the pots and implements, chopping boards, counters, stove and
floor while you wait for the food to cook.

If you want to be fancier, substitute ham or cooked chicken for one of
the other ingredients in the filling.

It takes much longer than you think, or than any cookbook tells you.
Allow at least 2h between start and serving times.

Dined at Taco Bell tonite. Enjoyed a crisp nachos grande served with

diced,
ripened tomatoes, fluffy sour cream, and frijoles refritos, served

atop corn
chips, known in the native tongue as "fritos."

My delicious repast was accompanied by two regular beef tacos, with

sauce
picante. The bubbly was a diet Pepsi, a naughty indulgence in this
birthplace of Coca Cola.

Subsequently, the digestive process was herald by a mellow and robust

belch.
At the urging of signals from the nether regions I made my way to

their
powder room, where I proceeded to . . . . .

Narcissism's grand, isn't it? W.G.A.S.

- The dishonest garage trader

You don't really put that **** in your face, do you, Yaeger? That stuff
in the filling, that you call :"beef" may come off a cow but it is
mechanically recovered "meat", MRM, and it comes off the heads and
everywhere else where the abattoir men can't cut a piece that will look
good at the butcher's. The pieces they recover it from are not washed
first so MRM is full of snot and **** and even less desirable stuff out
of animal glands. That is why you are supposed to cook sausages over
very high heat and for a good long time, to kill all that crap. I'm
not bull****ting you. When I wrote that in one of the most
overregulated jurisdictions in the world that **** (literally) is sold
in every supermarket as sausage, I got a letter asking me please not to
make any more trouble. When I went hillwalking with an agricultural
cabinet minister, he asked me to consider the jobs at stake. They knew
I was right! (1)

But is is worse than that. They don't separate the brains and backbone
stem either before taking the MRM. so you are in danger of
Creuzfeld-Jacob Disease, CJD, which will eat your brains and eventually
kill you rather unpleasantly. I wouldn't wish CJD even on an dishonest
garage trader like you.

Mend your diet.

Andre Jute

(1) I ate half a dozen selected sausages the other day, beef, pork,
lamb, chicken, a couple of special mixtures. My butcher, who made the
sausages on his premises in plain sight, has a book in which the number
and name of each animal in the saugage can be traced. He doesn't sell
anything he can't trace to a local farm and particular animal. (Of
course Ireland is the most expensive country in Europe to live in;
someone has to pay for all this safety.) The sausages were about 1,25
Euro each, say a dollar and a half American, which is not expensive if
the alternative is dying disgustingly.

Stewart Pinkerton

On 18 Mar 2005 16:23:48 -0800, wrote:

Andre Jute
Sipping a nicely chilled New Zealand White Cloud as an aperitif to my
midnight snack; with the midnight snack I shall drink a strictly
medicinal glass of Errazzuriz Reserva cab sav from Chile; and
afterwards I shall dip into a bottle of Mas Amiel (a dessert Grenache,
like having a chocolate treeoutside your window) I opened at 6pm. By
then I shall just be mellow enough

You mean completely smashed, as usual, do you not?

to write the gallstone of RAT a
charming letter, and another to suck up to Pinko after he was supine
enough to name his amp KISSASS in homage to my KISS; poor fellow -- I
wonder if his entire life is as much of a catastrophe as that so-called
"design".

Firstly, you mis-spelled again - it's KISASS. Secondly, it is of
course not a 'homage' to KISS - how could it be, when KISS patently
does not exist? Finally, you are not qualified to pass comment on the
design.

(1) Yeah, I know you want me to spell champagne with a capital. I don't
think so but thanks for your thoughts all the same. I'm not a fashion
victim, and I have a lifelong record of resistance to hypocritical,
self-serving French political correctness. I laboured in that vineyard
before President Bush (a great man) even discovered where France is on
the map. Can't blame him. A few elections from now it will not be
necessary for an American president to know where France is.

How fascinating that you hate French political correctness, but admire
the ultra-PC fundamentalist neo-Nazi Bush.

Patrick Turner

Stimpy wrote:

wrote:

And no, a misspelling denoting ignorance is not the sort of error I
commit. I'm talking about a red wine called generically Corton Rouge
by Anglophones the same way we invariably would refer to claret
whenever we had a French academic to dinner at college. It rarely
failed to infuriate.

Generically it's called Corton, or at a push, Corton rouge. Never Corton
Rouge

(1) Yeah, I know you want me to spell champagne with a capital. I
don't think so but thanks for your thoughts all the same. I'm not a
fashion victim, and I have a lifelong record of resistance to
hypocritical, self-serving French political correctness. I laboured
in that vineyard before President Bush (a great man) even discovered
where France is on the map. Can't blame him. A few elections from now
it will not be necessary for an American president to know where
France is.

What's a discussion about Champagne got to do with the US president?

It doesn't matter, its OT.

I have never been to France, so I have no idea about how correct they are,
and I have no clue as to whether France will be such an insignificant
power on the planet within say 12 years that
the US president can ignore France totally.

The US is desperately developing robotic soldiers, so that foreign
"regime adjustments" will be all the easier, and in 20 years
the world will be a very differently ruled kinda place.
But I can't rely on my crystal ball for low thd.

But in general, I like French culture, food, and wine, music, art,
films, architecture, etc, etc, etc, and so many of their ideas.
There is much I wouldn't like, but I am happily
12,000 miles away, and the wine made here is a decent drop.

In 1,000 years, the planet will be about stuffed completely,
at the current rate of the rape of nature, and resources,
and french fries and McDonalds both won't have great significance.
Humanity, and perhaps hu-womanity will have long evolved into
some other genetically modified species,
able to live in the garbage of its past.

Patrick Turner.

John Byrns wrote:
In article . com,
wrote:

Pinko after he was supine
enough to name his amp KISSASS in homage to my KISS; poor fellow --

wonder if his entire life is as much of a catastrophe as that

so-called
"design".

Hi Andre,

You have confused Stewart's design with mine, Stewart calls his the
"KISASS", mine is called the KISSASS, being much closer to the

original
300B design, all single ended, and even using an output transformer.

Regards,

John Byrns

Surf my web pages at,
http://users.rcn.com/jbyrns/

The world just isn't a fair place. Look at it:

You had the originality to be first with transistor amp that sounds
like a tube amp, you had the initiative and honesty to build it and
test it, you named it cleverly, and what is your reward?

Your reward is for this wretched johnnycomelately (by 38 years!)
Pinkerton to steal the name of your amp for his travesty of my 300B,
which he hasn't even had the decency to build. Your reward is that even
good people now confuse the wretched Pinkerton Travesty with your amp.

I'd catch a quick shower, John, just in case some of the slime that
Pinkerton drags about everywhere with him has rubbed off on you via
Pinkerton's theft

No, the world isn't fair.

I shall also in future make a sincere effort not to confuse you KISSASS
amp with Pinkerton's KISASS Travesty.

Andre Jute

Iain M Churches

"François Yves Le Gal" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:47:03 -0000, "Stimpy"
wrote:

WTF is 'Corton Rouge'?

Could be some Corton, an excellent red wine from Burgundy. Or a misspelled
Cordon Rouge.

The name Corton Rouge is correct.
It is an excellent red from the vineyards of Burgundy.
I have two bottles of very fine 1973 in my small wine cellar.
I thought to open one of them when I complete my KISS amp.

Iain

Stimpy

wrote:

WTF is 'Corton Rouge'?

Could be some Corton, an excellent red wine from Burgundy. Or a
misspelled Cordon Rouge.

The name Corton Rouge is correct.

Corton rouge rather than Corton Rouge surely?

Iain M Churches

"Ian Iveson" wrote in message
. uk...
"Ian Bell" wrote

I see RAT and UKRA continue to maintain their standards of invective.

No, no, no, it's an insult to lump RAT and UKRA together. UKRA isn't in
our league. Our standard of invective is **far** superior. I assume that's
why Stew came to RAT...seeking a better quality of insult.

cheers, Ian

Well, he certainly didn't come here for the warm
thermionic glow:-)

Iain

John Byrns

In article .com,
wrote:

John Byrns wrote:
In article . com,
wrote:

Pinko after he was supine
enough to name his amp KISSASS in homage to my KISS; poor fellow --
I wonder if his entire life is as much of a catastrophe as that
so-called "design".

Hi Andre,

You have confused Stewart's design with mine, Stewart calls his the
"KISASS", mine is called the KISSASS, being much closer to the
original 300B design, all single ended, and even using an output
transformer.

The world just isn't a fair place. Look at it:

You had the originality to be first with transistor amp that sounds
like a tube amp, you had the initiative and honesty to build it and
test it, you named it cleverly, and what is your reward?

Hi Andre,

I fear that I have confused you with my solid state amplifier designs,
there are two that I have mentioned in this thread. The first amplifier,
that I built 38 years ago, is very much like Stewart's "KISASS" design,
except it is biased for class AB operation, doesn't have all the extra
power supply filtering that Stewart added, and has a negative feedback
loop from the junction of the two output stage emitter resistors back to
the base of the input transistor. I am toying with the idea of converting
this amplifier to class A operation as per the current fashion, but that
will require that I pull some turns off the power transformer secondary to
avoid more dissipation than my "heat sinks" can handle. Modifying the
power transformer shouldn't be a big problem if I decide to carry out this
scheme, as I already modified the power transformer secondary when I first
built the amplifier.

Your reward is for this wretched johnnycomelately (by 38 years!)
Pinkerton to steal the name of your amp for his travesty of my 300B,
which he hasn't even had the decency to build. Your reward is that even
good people now confuse the wretched Pinkerton Travesty with your amp.

The second amplifier, my "KISSASS" design, which I created in response to
Iain's challenge, is at this point only a paper amplifier like Stewart's
"KISASS".

The confusion may arise from the fact that I mentioned that I have an
output transformer suitable for my "KISSASS" design, which I
coincidentally also wound 38 years ago. This transformer has both an 8
Ohm primary and 8 Ohm secondary, and is wound on a relatively large stack
of iron that I salvaged from an SE amplifier of about twice the power of
my "KISSASS" design. There is no air gap in the transformer as I
originally built it, but with luck I should be able to restore the air
gap.

Bottom line, don't confuse my "KISSASS" paper design with the amplifier I
built 38 years ago that is similar to Stewart's "KISASS".

Regards,

John Byrns

Surf my web pages at,
http://users.rcn.com/jbyrns/

John Byrns wrote:
In article .com,
wrote:

John Byrns wrote:
In article

. com,
wrote:

[...]

Thanks for taking the time to unconfuse me. I think I have it now.

Question to be answered when you have built the KISSASS: Is it dollar
for dollar better than the 38 year-old design?

I hope the transformer on your KISSASS meets your expectations in
overcoming Pinkerton's failures to meet the KISS guidelines which
caused the near-universal rejection of Pinkerton's so-called KISASS
Travesty. Remember that the power requirement is only 3W.

I look forward to your report in the fullness of time when you have
built the KISSASS.

Andre Jute

John Byrns

In article .com,
wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to unconfuse me. I think I have it now.

Question to be answered when you have built the KISSASS: Is it dollar
for dollar better than the 38 year-old design?

I hope the transformer on your KISSASS meets your expectations in
overcoming Pinkerton's failures to meet the KISS guidelines which
caused the near-universal rejection of Pinkerton's so-called KISASS
Travesty. Remember that the power requirement is only 3W.

I look forward to your report in the fullness of time when you have
built the KISSASS.

Hi Andre,

I don't think I will be building my current "KISSASS" design because I
don't believe it would have the desired tube sound. The problem is that
it clips much too sharply and suddenly. Just below the clipping point the
distortion is all second harmonic, but when pushed even slightly into
clipping, with say 10% overdrive, the second harmonic disappears
completely, and is replaced by a comb like spectrum of all the harmonics
beyond the second. I believe this is caused by two factors, the first
being that transistors naturally clip very suddenly, unlike tubes which
have a soft clipping effect, and in addition my amplifier uses negative
feedback which magnifies the harmonics above the second once clipping
starts.

Stewart's amplifier should be better in this regard as the negative
feedback used in his amplifier is not as egregious as in my amplifier, but
his amplifier probably still would suffer from the sharp clipping effect
of transistors, the effect just wouldn't be magnified by the negative
feedback as in my initial design.

To have a true solid state equivalent to the 300B amplifier I will have to
first find a way to remove the negative feedback, which is not easily
accomplished in my current design which depends on the negative feedback
loop to establish the DC operating point for the transistors, and also to
provide the required input resistance with only two transistors. It would
probably be easy enough to retain negative feedback at DC to stabilize the
operating point while eliminating the feedback in the audio band, but that
would cause the input resistance to be too low. A third transistor would
probably be needed to restore the input resistance to the desired value.

Eliminating the feedback should bring my design into parity with
Stewart's, but at that point both would still suffer from the sudden onset
of clipping and the rich harmonic spectrum that produces. To fix that
problem would require the development of a simple circuit to produce a
soft clipping effect similar to tubes, which is a trickier problem, or I
am sure Stewart would have already incorporated such a circuit in his
design.

Regards,

John Byrns

Surf my web pages at,