Posted to rec.audio.pro
walter walter is offline

Default DVD audio level guidelines

Where are people setting their digital audio levels for DVD videos?
I'm thinking about avoiding distortion on computers and having it
roughly the same volume as other DVDs. I have generally shot for
average -9 digital with peaks no greater than -6 digital. This seemed
at the louder end of the spectrum when cxompared to other commercial
titles. Our programs are educational.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"walter" wrote ...
Where are people setting their digital audio levels for DVD videos?
I'm thinking about avoiding distortion on computers and having it
roughly the same volume as other DVDs. I have generally shot for
average -9 digital with peaks no greater than -6 digital. This seemed
at the louder end of the spectrum when cxompared to other commercial
titles. Our programs are educational.

To have an equivalent level compared to commercial releases,
I am using -15dBFS average and -10dBFS peak as a guideline.