Scott Gardner

Default Ford Radio Display Fix and Threats from a Phony Lawyer

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:19:12 -0500, "Sean Scott" Its@secret wrote:

"Teleplus Gatineau" wrote in message
How about a better idea,

Stop all this bantering, go to Best By and buy a BETTER radio! I have a
99 explorer, and I didn't think the stock radio/cd player was very good.
Try investing the same as me, $5000 in stereo Equipment, you will be
amazed at the Acoustics in your truck!

The best part is, Ford insulated there trucks so well for road noise, that
nobody can tell you have that stuff in there from the outside.

Speakig of which I just bought a Chevy Malibu and roadnoise is my ONLY
complaint, how did Ford solve this problem, would I be able to reduce
roadnoise in my car w/o lots of heavy insulation, I'd hate to lose a lot of
MPG because of insulation.

I wouldn't worry about losing much in the way of fuel efficiency. A
new Malibu weighs about 3200 pounds. You could put a double-layer of
Dynamat on just about every surface and it wouldn't add more than
75-80 pounds.

If you want to estimate, take some rough measurements of the areas
you'd like to cover. Dynamat extreme is about 1/2 pound per square
foot per layer. So, if your headliner was roughly five feet by four
feet, a double layer of Dynamat between your roof and your headliner
would weigh about 20 pounds.

Scott Gardner