Posted to rec.audio.car

Default Advice for a Limousine Setup (JVC)

I have a JVC KD-DV4200 head unit connected to two monitors in a
limousine.
This unit comes with a J-Link port in the back which can be used to
connect a CD Changer, a Sirius JVC Tuner SIRJVC1 -
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-e6KbtXD...7SIRJVC 1#Tab
, or use another adapter to convert this port to RCA - part # JVC
KS-U57
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-FC38qbk...nfo&i=105KSU57

I want to add an auxiliary port attached to a panel with RCA inputs so
I can connect an mp3 player, a karaoke machine, or a Playstation.
If I also want to add Sirius radio tuner (SIRJVC1) which is a J-Link
device (like the JVC CD Changer), I need to use the same port for the
RCA adapter, so I found an adapter that can be connected to the J-link
port in the back of the stereo, and it has another J-link input where
the Sirius can connect to, as well as two RCA inputs, to connect the
external devices.
The adapter is this
http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=198
Before I buy it, I want to know if this adapter will definitely work
with my stereo, and if so, I want to know also if I connect the aux
devices first, without buying the Sirius tuner (I will buy that later),
Will it still work, or do I need to have both things connected?
Let me know please, so I can but the adapter as soon as possible. If
you need more information, let me know.
Another thing, If I want to connect a playstation or karaoke machine, I
connect the audio to the stereo using the RCA adapter, and when I want
to use it, I select the Aux source from the stereo, correct? But what
about the video? The TVs are connected to the Video Output from the
stereo, so should I put a Y adapter so one input is from the stereo and
the other from the Playstation, and both go to the TV Inputs? Will this
work?
Thank you very much.

Alfonso