Hans-Marc Olsen

Default Radon gas in old tubes found ! ! ! ! !..,!

Dangerous! You can get cancer when you inhale it !
Gareth Magennis

Dangerous! You can get cancer when you inhale it !

Smokers please ignore this.

Ronald

"Gareth Magennis" schreef in bericht

Dangerous! You can get cancer when you inhale it !

Smokers please ignore this.

Ok , donne !!

But ...... What if we put the smoke in glass bulbs also ?? ;-))

Gregg

Behold, Ronald signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

"Gareth Magennis" schreef in bericht

Dangerous! You can get cancer when you inhale it !

Smokers please ignore this.

Ok , donne !!

But ...... What if we put the smoke in glass bulbs also ?? ;-))

I couldda lit my ciggie off an EL84 I glowed good the other day :-)

--
Gregg t3h g33k
"Ratings are for transistors....tubes have guidelines"

Stewart Pinkerton

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:06:16 GMT, Gregg wrote:

Behold, Ronald signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

"Gareth Magennis" schreef in bericht

Dangerous! You can get cancer when you inhale it !

Smokers please ignore this.

Ok , donne !!

But ...... What if we put the smoke in glass bulbs also ?? ;-))

I couldda lit my ciggie off an EL84 I glowed good the other day :-)

More to the point, there might be three or four molecules of Radon in
any vacuum tube, hardly cause for a a major panic. Did anyone forget
that the whole point is that it's a *vacuum* tube? Not too many
molecules of *any* gas in there................

Fred Gilham

Stewart Pinkerton writes:

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:06:16 GMT, Gregg wrote:

Behold, Ronald signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

"Gareth Magennis" schreef in bericht

Dangerous! You can get cancer when you inhale it !

Smokers please ignore this.

Ok , donne !!

But ...... What if we put the smoke in glass bulbs also ?? ;-))

I couldda lit my ciggie off an EL84 I glowed good the other day :-)

More to the point, there might be three or four molecules of Radon in
any vacuum tube, hardly cause for a a major panic. Did anyone forget
that the whole point is that it's a *vacuum* tube? Not too many
molecules of *any* gas in there................

Bother. I was hoping to convince people to send me their
radon-infested vacuum tubes for "proper handling." Now you've given
away....Wait!!! There's thorium!!!!

People, there is a radioactive material in many tubes called thorium
that can actually CREATE radon in a form that is even more radioactive
and MORE DANGEROUS than the normal kind of radon found in the average
home!!! And anyway thorium itself is radioactive! It emits
radiation!! Did I mention that these tubes contain radioactive
thorium? What's more, one of the precautions for storing thorium is
ADEQUATE VENTILATION! A tube containing thorium IS NOT VENTILATED AT
ALL!!! It is sealed, with all that radioactive thorium just cooking
away in there, doing who knows what mischief.

Send all your power tubes to me --- not all of them contain thorium
but you might as well be safe, some of them contain a few atoms of
radon --- and I will deal with them appropriately.

On another note, I'm hoping to get a large windfall of nice power
tubes in the near future, especially ones with thoriated tungsten
filaments, and will sell those of them that I can't use to the highest
bidder.

--
Fred Gilham
"I'm an expert at installing free software. I've installed software
RdM

Stewart Pinkerton in
rec.audio.tubes1bmnp0tlip62io8cvgmom138sdlhthcgmq @4ax.com:

: More to the point, there might be three or four molecules of Radon in
: any vacuum tube, hardly cause for a a major panic.

A AH:- but they may *condition* the vacuum ... think homeopathy! ;=})
Stewart Pinkerton

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:08:28 +1300, RdM wrote:

Stewart Pinkerton in
rec.audio.tubes1bmnp0tlip62io8cvgmom138sdlhthcgm :

: More to the point, there might be three or four molecules of Radon in
: any vacuum tube, hardly cause for a a major panic.

A AH:- but they may *condition* the vacuum ... think homeopathy! ;=})

Grammar alert! You must *not* use the words think and homeopathy in
the same sentence!

Gareth Magennis

Grammar alert! You must *not* use the words think and homeopathy in
the same sentence!
--

Well how about "works" and "placebo" then?

Gregg

Behold, Gareth Magennis signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

Grammar alert! You must *not* use the words think and homeopathy in the
same sentence!
--

Well how about "works" and "placebo" then?

That's the same as the "Microsoft Works" oxymoron ;-p

--
Gregg t3h g33k
"Ratings are for transistors....tubes have guidelines"
http://geek.scorpiorising.ca

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in news:cnif8g$ias$1
@titan.btinternet.com:

I like "friendly fire" and "military intelligence".

That's the same as the "Microsoft Works" oxymoron ;-p

--
Gregg t3h g33k
"Ratings are for transistors....tubes have guidelines"
http://geek.scorpiorising.ca

Microsoft Security works as well.

Steve Rush

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:12:54 +0000, Gareth Magennis wrote:

Grammar alert! You must *not* use the words think and homeopathy in
the same sentence!
--

Well how about "works" and "placebo" then?

The placebo effect is pretty well documented. How else could homeopathy
work?