Posted to rec.audio.tech
pancake pancake is offline

Default Intermitent Trouble Crown D-75

Every Couple of weeks I need to pull the top board and reseat on the
finger stock that links it to the rest of the amp. Has anyone
encountered this before and what was done as a permenent fix. I have
hit all the solder joints on the top board thinking one might be cold.

Pancake
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Kevin McMurtrie[_2_] Kevin McMurtrie[_2_] is offline

In article ,
Pancake wrote:

Every Couple of weeks I need to pull the top board and reseat on the
finger stock that links it to the rest of the amp. Has anyone
encountered this before and what was done as a permenent fix. I have
hit all the solder joints on the top board thinking one might be cold.

Pancake

Is this a connector that's loosing contact? They go bad after a few
years. You can clean it with a fiberglass contract cleaner brush it's
not gold plated. Gold plated connectors never stop corroding once
they're scratched so they have to be re-plated or replaced.

Equipment with mechanical connectors on low-level audio lines should be
avoided. Low power signals can't reliably spark through oxide layers
that form in the connectors. Gold plated connectors don't oxidize but
they can wear through after years of thermal and vibration stress.

--
Google is a pro-spamming service. I will not see your reply if you use Google.