Wim

Default 4-groups mixing desk needed

I have a 4 in-4 out soundcard Maya 44 MKII installed in my PC. Use Cubase SX
for recording my own and others' music. My present mixing desk is a
Behringer Eurorack 1602, with just a stereo out. I need a mixing desk with 2
stereo outs, preferably one with 4 (= 2 stereo) groups (to PC in) and a
master out (to monitors), plus 4 good-quality mics input channels.
What is the best offer in this category?

Wim Eising
Durban

Roger W. Norman

Best offer? Geez, start with any unit, including a used Mackie 1604, that
has a 4 bus architecture and then look at your budget. A used Mackie 1604
VLZ Pro isn't killer in price, and as long as you don't use EQ for additive
EQ you should be fine.

If you want something really nice in the same sized rack mountable frame,
then look at a Crest XR20. Soundwise it is hands down the best rack
moutable 16 channel mixer with 4 busses.

The difference between the two is maybe $350 for the used Mackie if you hit
ebay right, and $1800 for the Crest.

From here I would suggest you look at your budget and do some research to
find what fits within the dollars you have in your pocket vs. the
requirements you have in your head.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio