Orville Phillips

Default Bryston 3B Power rating

Does anyone know what is the power rating into 8 and 4 ohm of the
orignal model 3B Bryston Amplifier. It just says 3B not NRB or ST,
SST. What is the minimum ohms this amp is rated for?. When I search
the web most reference is for the st and nrb nodels.
Thanks.
Orville
Jerry G.

From memory, it should be rated at 130 Watts per channel in to 8 ohms. It
will put out 260 Watts per channel in to 4 ohms. It is a very good
amplifier. If you can go for the 4B, you would be better off. The 4B would
be the best one of their line-up for home audio, or basic studio use.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"Orville Phillips" wrote in message
m...
Does anyone know what is the power rating into 8 and 4 ohm of the
orignal model 3B Bryston Amplifier. It just says 3B not NRB or ST,
SST. What is the minimum ohms this amp is rated for?. When I search
the web most reference is for the st and nrb nodels.
Thanks.
Orville

Thanks. I had bought this amp used about two years ago with one faulty
channel.
Tried to fix the channel and lost all the new output transistors and
driver. I have only used it at home a few times. I want to use it for
an outdoor fuction and need to know how much load I could put on the
one good channel as I have a limited time before the function and might
not get it fixed in time. I have a pair of Cerwin Vega VS15 3 way boxes
with 15" woofers.
Orville.

Jerry G. wrote:
From memory, it should be rated at 130 Watts per channel in to 8

ohms. It
will put out 260 Watts per channel in to 4 ohms. It is a very good
amplifier. If you can go for the 4B, you would be better off. The 4B

would
be the best one of their line-up for home audio, or basic studio use.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"Orville Phillips" wrote in message
m...
Does anyone know what is the power rating into 8 and 4 ohm of the
orignal model 3B Bryston Amplifier. It just says 3B not NRB or ST,
SST. What is the minimum ohms this amp is rated for?. When I search
the web most reference is for the st and nrb nodels.
Thanks.
Orville

Arny Krueger

wrote in message
oups.com
Thanks. I had bought this amp used about two years ago with one faulty
channel.

Isn't there a 20 year warranty on these puppies?

Colin B.

Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com
Thanks. I had bought this amp used about two years ago with one faulty
channel.

Isn't there a 20 year warranty on these puppies?

There is, but there's a good chance that the 3B in question is more than
20 years old. Besides which, I'm not sure that even Bryston would cover an
amp that has been further damaged by an attempted home repair (which is how
I read the previous post).

Colin
Jerry G.

Personally, I would ship it off to Bryston, and pay their price to service
it. Then I would purchase the extended warranty from them. I believe that if
the amp was not tampered with, the warranty was for life. I had some
amplifiers that were more than 25 years old, and they were serviced without
charge. I only paid the shipping.

As for your amplifier, it is well worth to service. If you service it
yourself, it can be fairly complex, and sensitive to work on.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Jerry G." wrote in message
From memory, it should be rated at 130 Watts per channel in to 8 ohms. It
will put out 260 Watts per channel in to 4 ohms. It is a very good
amplifier. If you can go for the 4B, you would be better off. The 4B would
be the best one of their line-up for home audio, or basic studio use.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"Orville Phillips" wrote in message
m...
Does anyone know what is the power rating into 8 and 4 ohm of the
orignal model 3B Bryston Amplifier. It just says 3B not NRB or ST,
SST. What is the minimum ohms this amp is rated for?. When I search
the web most reference is for the st and nrb nodels.
Thanks.
Orville

Gerry Wolfe

Friend had an old 4B that had a blown channel (as a result of running
a staple thru speaker wire, shorting out the channel... he didn't
notice for quite a few months). Bryston not only repaired but
replaced internals to bring it up to current specs.

Took a couple of hours, no cost.

My impression is that they don't seem to care about the 20-year
statute of limitations.

On 13 Dec 2004 00:44:11 GMT, (MarkZimmerman)
wrote:

Thanks. I had bought this amp used about two years ago with one faulty
channel.

Isn't there a 20 year warranty on these puppies?

You got it right, all Bryston products carry a 20 year warranty.
Best,

Mark Allen Zimmerman * Chicago