RBernst929

Default Hearing test.

Hi all. Yesterday i had a hearing test done at the ENT doctors. I was in for
some wax removal. The test showed I have severe rolloff of high frequencies.
The right ear was 4kz and the left ear was 8khz. So, im laughing at the stereo
components that have to have up to 100khz frequency. I can't hear it anyway!
I'm 49 years old. How is YOUR hearing? -Bob Bernstein.
Franco Del Principe

RBernst929 wrote:

Hi all. Yesterday i had a hearing test done at the ENT doctors. I was in for
some wax removal. The test showed I have severe rolloff of high frequencies.
The right ear was 4kz and the left ear was 8khz. So, im laughing at the stereo
components that have to have up to 100khz frequency. I can't hear it anyway!
I'm 49 years old. How is YOUR hearing? -Bob Bernstein.

Bob,

Welcome to the real world! ;-)

I had my last audiometry about four years ago. I was
surprised that my hearing was still quite good for my age
(44). If I recall correctly some key points of my hearing
threshold we

20 Hz at 70 dB SPL
1kHZ at 30 dB SPL
16kHz at 40dB SPL

So, I can join you in the laughing about "high-end" specs
which are not auduble...

Cheers,

Franco
Michel de Vries

I had it done a few moths ago (while buying hearing protection), still above
average for my age (31 years old).
But are you a right handed drummer with that right ear 4K rolloff?

Michel de Vries
"RBernst929" wrote in message
Hi all. Yesterday i had a hearing test done at the ENT doctors. I was in

for
some wax removal. The test showed I have severe rolloff of high

frequencies.
The right ear was 4kz and the left ear was 8khz. So, im laughing at the

stereo
components that have to have up to 100khz frequency. I can't hear it

anyway!
I'm 49 years old. How is YOUR hearing? -Bob Bernstein.

RBernst929

Hi Michel. As a matter of fact, i WAS a right handed drummer for many years in
bands and classical symphonies. -Bob Bernstein.