MJRMD

Default Pioneer Elite, Yamaha or SonyES

I have Def Tech speakers and was considering upgrading my current
reciever. I was looking at the Pioneer Elite VSX 54TX, SonyES
STR-DS3000ES and the Yamaha RX-V2500. I'm trying to keep the price
around $600-$700 online. Which receiver would go best with my
speakers? Should I consider another receiver? Any feedback would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt
jw

I have the Sony 5000. If it is any indication of the line in general, I
would not recommend it. The best way to describe it is... well, it just
doesn't sound good. There's not much gain, either. I tried it with KEF
104s - no bottom at all. I'm now using it with the KEF home theater set.
Better, but still far from good. It is adequate for the family to use
watching movies, but I get very little satisfaction from it as a music
playback device.

Ergonomically speaking it leaves much to be desired too. Especially
regarding the tuning function. If FM is at all part of your listening habit
avoid the current generation of Sony ES receivers.

I got mine through a relative at Sony so I couldn't return it - I guess this
proves the old addage: You can't get something for nothing.

"MJRMD" wrote in message
I have Def Tech speakers and was considering upgrading my current
reciever. I was looking at the Pioneer Elite VSX 54TX, SonyES
STR-DS3000ES and the Yamaha RX-V2500. I'm trying to keep the price
around $600-$700 online. Which receiver would go best with my
speakers? Should I consider another receiver? Any feedback would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

SAIL LOCO

I've listened to the 3000ES and compared it to Yamaha while driving some fairly
inefficient speakers and I thought it did a fine job and sounded better than
the Yamahamer.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"Trains are a winter sport"
MJRMD

"MJRMD" wrote in message
I have Def Tech speakers and was considering upgrading my current
reciever. I was looking at the Pioneer Elite VSX 54TX, SonyES
STR-DS3000ES and the Yamaha RX-V2500. I'm trying to keep the price
around $600-$700 online. Which receiver would go best with my
speakers? Should I consider another receiver? Any feedback would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

JW,

Thanks for your input. Someone also suggeted the Integra 6.4, 6.5. I
don't know does anyone have any suggests.

Matt