Default Sony XM-754HX

I have one of these that died (it got wet). It was (still is) a light
purple colour at is rated at 75 x 4 Channel into 4 Ohm with quite low
THD by even todays standards. I'm not looking for comments on the
quality of this amp. It was simply perfect for me.

I'm finding it odd however that to replace this with a current version
(by any brand) now costs quite a bit more than what I paid for this 5
or so years ago . What happened to improved technology. I do
appreciate the comment made by many that Sony quality has suffered
recently. This said.. I like this amp.

Anyone know where I can replace it or get a good deal on at least the
same power style amp.

Thank you

Richard
Toronto, Canada