Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Marty

Default 5v pre-out head unit worth it?

Hey everyone, I currently run a Clarion 545 head unit with a RF Punch
401s amp running JL xr components in the front. I have another RF
Punch 401s running 2 10" JL's in a sealed enclosure. Everything
sounds mint. However, upon a recent talk with a sales guy he says my
head unit is the weakest link in my system because the pre-outs are
only 2v. He wants to sell me a Kenwood Excelon 679 deck that has 5v
pre-outs and claims way faster mp3 seeking/scan.

Would it be worth it to upgrade? He basically said that it won't get
louder but the sound will be cleaner. Please any help would be
appreciated as I just bought this Clarion deck and would be taking a
loss by upgrading. And if it is worth the SQ in upgrade, just how
much will i notice it?

TIA!!!

M.