rotwang

Default Matantz tape recorder on standby forever

I have a Marantz tape recorder, something like PMD 221 or 222. It's the one
with the telephone jack.

I have it connected to record phone calls. I'm actually not using the phone
jack, just the microphone jack and a radio shack phone recorder hookup
thing.

Anyway, my question is, the way I have it set up is I have the play/record
buttons down all the time, 24/7. It doesn't start recording until a phone
call comes in. In other words, it only records when it hears something. Is
it ok to have it in that state 24/7 like that? I know it's bad to have a
recorder on "pause" for a long time so I thought this might be bad too.
thanks

rw

Jerry G.

If the pinch roller is engaged on the same spot all the time, it may
eventualy be damaged. As for the rest of the machine, it can run 24/7
without any problem.

Machines that are designed to do intermittant recordings, keep the pinch
roller not engaged when on standby. When recording the pinch roller is
engaged for that period of time, and then released when in stanby again.

--

Greetings,

Jerry G.
=====

"rotwang" wrote in message ...

I have a Marantz tape recorder, something like PMD 221 or 222. It's the

one
with the telephone jack.

I have it connected to record phone calls. I'm actually not using the

phone
jack, just the microphone jack and a radio shack phone recorder hookup
thing.

Anyway, my question is, the way I have it set up is I have the play/record
buttons down all the time, 24/7. It doesn't start recording until a phone
call comes in. In other words, it only records when it hears something.

Is
it ok to have it in that state 24/7 like that? I know it's bad to have a
recorder on "pause" for a long time so I thought this might be bad too.
thanks

rw

Jerry G.

and cheese.
Another layer each of meat, gravy, and cheese.
Then bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
Serve on hot pasta with romano cheese.

Southern Fried Small-fry

Tastes like fried chicken, which works just as well.
In fact you may want to practice cutting up whole chickens
for frying before you go for the real thing.
Whole chicken is much more efficient and inexpensive than buying pieces.

1 tiny human, cut into pieces
2 cups flour
Onion, garlic
Salt
pepper
garlic powder
cayenne pepper
hot sauce, etc.
Oil for frying

Mix milk, eggs, hot sauce in a bowl, add chopped onion and garlic.
Season the meat liberally, and marinate for several hours.
Place seasoned flour in a paper or plastic shopping bag,
drop pieces in a few a time, shake to coat thoroughly,
then deep fry in hot oil (350°) for about 15 minutes.
Drain and place on paper towels.

Miscarriage with Mustard Greens

Why waste it? Otherwise, and in general, use ham or salt pork to season greens.
The technique of smothering greens can be used with many vegetables;
green beans work especially well. Meat is not necessary every day, don?t
be afraid to alter any dish to vegetarian tastes.

1 premature baby, born dead
Large bunch of mustard greens
2 white onions, 1 cup chopped celery
Vegetable oil (or hog fat)
Salt, pepper, garlic, etc.

Lightly brown onions, celery, garlic and meat in large heavy pot.
Add a little water and the greens (which should be thoroughly cleaned and washed).
Smother slowly for at least 2 hours, adding small amounts of water
when it starts to stick.
Stir frequently.
When ready - serve with rice, grilled smoked sausage, green salad, and iced tea.
Coffee and apple pie then brandy.

Maternity Ward Pot Luck Dinner

If you can?t get anything fresh from the hospital, nursery, or morgue;
you can at least get rid of all the leftovers in your refrigerator.

1 - 2