mikeody mikeody is offline
Junior Member

Default Sub_Woofer causing Receiver trip-out ?

Hi all,
I am setting up a 5.1 audio/home theatre that uses an Onkyo receiver and Jensen speakers.
Everything seemed ok until I plugged in the sub-woofer after which when switching between sources eg DVD to CD, or Tuner to DVD, etc the Onkyo receiver immediatly trips out.
The local Onkyo agent has verified that there are no problems with ther receiver and has questioned whether the sub-woofer [which is brand new] is causing some sort of 'feedback problem'.
Has anyone come across this before or have any thoughts on the subject ?
Thanks.
Mike
Mark D. Zacharias

Going into protect mode when switching sources would usually be a bad
source-select IC in the receiver. If the problem doesn't persist with the
sub disconnected, the sub may indeed be feeding a DC voltage back into the
sub-out jack. Pretty unusual, though.

Mark Z.
Onkyo servicer - Wichita, KS. USA

"mikeody" wrote in message

Hi all,
I am setting up a 5.1 audio/home theatre that uses an Onkyo receiver
and Jensen speakers.
Everything seemed ok until I plugged in the sub-woofer after which when
switching between sources eg DVD to CD, or Tuner to DVD, etc the Onkyo
receiver immediatly trips out.
The local Onkyo agent has verified that there are no problems with ther
receiver and has questioned whether the sub-woofer [which is brand new]
is causing some sort of 'feedback problem'.
Has anyone come across this before or have any thoughts on the subject
?
Thanks.
Mike

--
mikeody

mikeody mikeody is offline
Junior Member

Thanks Mark - will post results when problem sorted. Mike.