Scott

Default How to connect EQ?

Hi,

I just bought a receiver(Onkyo TX-SR601), and am not sure how to connect an
EQ. It doesn't have a "tape monitor" button. I know I can hook up an EQ
say between a cd player, and the cd input on the receiver, but I would like
to hook one up like I always have, using the tape in/out jacks. What am I
missing here? Please email me.

Thanks,

Scott

T \ B
/
\
\

jakdedert

Richard Kuschel wrote:
Hi,

I just bought a receiver(Onkyo TX-SR601), and am not sure how to
connect an EQ. It doesn't have a "tape monitor" button. I know I
can hook up an EQ say between a cd player, and the cd input on the
receiver, but I would like to hook one up like I always have, using
the tape in/out jacks. What am I missing here? Please email me.

Thanks,

Scott

T \ B
/
\
\

If the receiver has preamp out/ power amp in jacks, put it there. It
will affect everything that is sent through the receiver.

I don't think I've ever seen a receiver--especially an Onkyo--without a tape
monitor...are you sure? Maybe it's just marked 'tape.' Look on the back
and see if there are RCA connectors for a tape recorder (record/playback).
Maybe there's a 'VCR-2' which has audio in/outs, as opposed to an audio
recorder? Use that and just leave the video connection unterminated.

[Upon further reflection, I looked up this unit and it certainly appears to
have both tape ins/outs and a pre-out:
http://www.onkyousa.com/model.cfm?m=TX-SR601&p=s&class=Receiver ]

jak

This is usenet, read the answers here.