Watson A.Name - \Watt Sun, the Dark Remover\

Default Dolby B + C - Rare Chop?

I pulled a couple of these NE646N Dolby chips off an old phenolic board,
mostly analog chips and transistors. Apparently from some Panasonic
audio equipment, whatever. I was surprised to see that a google search
turned up a site selling these for over $16, so I guess they're getting
kind of rare. Or is it that the newer chips don't require sooo much
support circuitry? I dunno. The board's crammed with a lotta caps,
transistors, etc.

[OT] I saw a Merc Cougar the other day wih the license plate

COUGRRR

Heh, pretty good.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@ h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###
Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 at hotmail.com
Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL
that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
http://www.everybookstore.com You'll be glad you did!
Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't
changed it: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html
@@t@h@e@@a@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@m@e@e@t@@t@h@e@@E@f@f@l@ u@e@n@t@@

Trevor Wilson

"Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, the Dark Remover"" wrote
in message ...
I pulled a couple of these NE646N Dolby chips off an old phenolic board,
mostly analog chips and transistors. Apparently from some Panasonic
audio equipment, whatever. I was surprised to see that a google search
turned up a site selling these for over $16, so I guess they're getting
kind of rare. Or is it that the newer chips don't require sooo much
support circuitry? I dunno. The board's crammed with a lotta caps,
transistors, etc.

**My local wholesale supplier has them listed at AUS$6.00 apiece (in one off
quantities). $16.00 (US?) seems a bit rich to me.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message

"Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, the Dark Remover""

wrote
in message ...
I pulled a couple of these NE646N Dolby chips off an old phenolic

board,
mostly analog chips and transistors. Apparently from some Panasonic
audio equipment, whatever. I was surprised to see that a google

search
turned up a site selling these for over $16, so I guess they're

getting
kind of rare. Or is it that the newer chips don't require sooo much
support circuitry? I dunno. The board's crammed with a lotta caps,
transistors, etc.

**My local wholesale supplier has them listed at AUS$6.00 apiece (in

one off
quantities). $16.00 (US?) seems a bit rich to me.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Kevin McMurtrie

wrote:

I pulled a couple of these NE646N Dolby chips off an old phenolic board,
mostly analog chips and transistors. Apparently from some Panasonic
audio equipment, whatever. I was surprised to see that a google search
turned up a site selling these for over $16, so I guess they're getting
kind of rare. Or is it that the newer chips don't require sooo much
support circuitry? I dunno. The board's crammed with a lotta caps,
transistors, etc.

The cost is the Dolby IP fees.

[OT] I saw a Merc Cougar the other day wih the license plate

COUGRRR

Heh, pretty good.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@ h@e@r@e@@

Your sig is missing a space after the dash.
Trevor Wilson

wrote:

I pulled a couple of these NE646N Dolby chips off an old phenolic board,
mostly analog chips and transistors. Apparently from some Panasonic
audio equipment, whatever. I was surprised to see that a google search
turned up a site selling these for over $16, so I guess they're getting
kind of rare. Or is it that the newer chips don't require sooo much
support circuitry? I dunno. The board's crammed with a lotta caps,
transistors, etc.

The cost is the Dolby IP fees.

**Nonsense. The same chip is 6 Bucks in Australia (about US$4.50). The only
possible reason for the difference, is greed (of the supplier). I am,
however, certain that Dolby do (or did) receive a small amount from the sale
of every Dolby IC. That amount does not account for the huge differences in
price, in different parts of the planet.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au