JP

Default ? Can I add 2 more tweeters on 6x9's ?

I have two teeters on each 6x9 speaker. Would adding another tweeter to each
6x9 put too much load on the amp? These teeters I'm getting already have
crossovers integrated supposedly. Thanks.

Mark Zarella

Why the hell do you want 6 tweeters in your car? Better yet, why do you
want
6 of them BEHIND you?

Paul,
Back when I worked at a place many moons ago, I had customers coming in
looking to install just subs and just tweeters in their cars. They insisted
on going without midranges, and I tell you it wasn't price that was steering
them away either. There seems to be a fascination with tweeters and subs,
and I don't know why. Maybe because stock systems tend not to have them?

TheBIessedDead

Paul,
Back when I worked at a place many moons ago, I had customers coming in
looking to install just subs and just tweeters in their cars. They insisted
on going without midranges, and I tell you it wasn't price that was steering
them away either. There seems to be a fascination with tweeters and subs,
and I don't know why. Maybe because stock systems tend not to have them?

I've seen that quite a bit around here too Mark. People brag about the
tweeters in their car for whatever reason, I can't figure it out. You might be
right about stock systems not having them, so people assume that adding them
would be a wonderful thing to do. I just can't imagine driving around with no
midranges. Ugh. No way.

Nick
Paul Vina

I remember those days. I even had one guy mount the tweeters at the
headliner/windshield junction because he "listens to techno and he likes the
sound to move with the music". And he wanted to come work with us as an
installer!

Paul Vina

"Mark Zarella" wrote in message
Why the hell do you want 6 tweeters in your car? Better yet, why do you

want
6 of them BEHIND you?

Paul,
Back when I worked at a place many moons ago, I had customers coming in
looking to install just subs and just tweeters in their cars. They

insisted
on going without midranges, and I tell you it wasn't price that was

steering
them away either. There seems to be a fascination with tweeters and subs,
and I don't know why. Maybe because stock systems tend not to have them?

TheBIessedDead

I remember those days. I even had one guy mount the tweeters at the
headliner/windshield junction because he "listens to techno and he likes the
sound to move with the music". And he wanted to come work with us as an
installer!

For some reason that reminds me of these idiots trying out for American Idol
right now, which my wife INSISTS on watching.

Nick
JP

Who the hell said I didn't have midranges on my 6x9's?????? I DO HAVE MIDS
AND SUBS, OK??? All I want to know is if it'll cause any problems with the
ohms load or not, that is it? I have 2 up front running from the back
speakers, I don't know who the hell said I had or wanted 6 like that idiot
mentioned earlier. If nobody knows, I would rather keep your stupid comments
to yourselves. Thanks.

Soundfreak03

Who the hell said I didn't have midranges on my 6x9's?????? I DO HAVE MIDS
AND SUBS, OK??? All I want to know is if it'll cause any problems with the
ohms load or not, that is it? I have 2 up front running from the back
speakers, I don't know who the hell said I had or wanted 6 like that idiot
mentioned earlier. If nobody knows, I would rather keep your stupid comments
to yourselves. Thanks.

Noone said you did not have mids. You should brush up on your reading
comprehension skills a little. Then try reading again.
If your adding them after a crossover then you should not have any ohms
problems, but you are sharing power then.
Why do you want more tweeters? I have often found that adding tweeters usually
creates imaging problems and even the oddball comb filtering at times.

Les
TheBIessedDead

Who the hell said I didn't have midranges on my 6x9's?????? I DO HAVE MIDS
AND SUBS, OK???

Take a chill pill dude. Nobody said that you didn't have midranges. Mark made
a comment about someone he saw "many moons ago". I highly doubt that someone
was you.

, I don't know who the hell said I had or wanted 6 like that idiot
mentioned earlier.

You said you had 2 tweeters on each 6x9, and that you wanted to add 2 more...
You do the math, genius. 2+2+2= You guessed it....6! Unless of course you
actually only have one 6x9 speaker in your car.

Nick
Paul Vina

And here I was thinking "I know my basic math skills haven't deteriorated
that far!". And JP, call me an idiot all you want, but YOU are the one
asking for help, not me.

Paul Vina