Farrell22

Default How do I hook up a receiver's tuner to another preamp?

I'm trying to use the tuner on an old receiver with a different stereo system.
I have RCAs going into "tuner" on the back of the preamp, but what do I attach
them to on the back of the receiver? I've tried everything, nothing works, so
maybe I can't do this at all?

Thanks.
Harry Lavo

"Farrell22" wrote in message
I'm trying to use the tuner on an old receiver with a different stereo

system.
I have RCAs going into "tuner" on the back of the preamp, but what do I

attach
them to on the back of the receiver? I've tried everything, nothing works,

so
maybe I can't do this at all?

Thanks.

You should use the "tape out" RCA's and connected them to "Tuner" on the
preamp (as apparently you have done). Make sure the receiver is set to FM
mode and that you have a signal.
John A. Weeks III

In article , Farrell22
wrote:

I'm trying to use the tuner on an old receiver with a different stereo system.
I have RCAs going into "tuner" on the back of the preamp, but what do I attach
them to on the back of the receiver? I've tried everything, nothing works, so
maybe I can't do this at all?

Use "pre-amp out" or "main out" if you have them. If not, use "tape
out" or "tape record". If you have tape dubbing, make sure it is off.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com
Tip

"Farrell22" wrote in message
I'm trying to use the tuner on an old receiver with a
different stereo system.
I have RCAs going into "tuner" on the back of the
preamp, but what do I attach
them to on the back of the receiver? I've tried
everything, nothing works, so
maybe I can't do this at all?

Plug into the "tape out" outputs of the receiver. Make
sure you select the tuner as the tape source on the
receiver.

Regards,
Tip

CCSman

I'm trying to use the tuner on an old receiver with a different stereo
system.
I have RCAs going into "tuner" on the back of the preamp, but what do I
attach
them to on the back of the receiver? I've tried everything, nothing works, so
maybe I can't do this at all?

Thanks.

I would try taking the tuner signal from the receiver via the receiver's
tape-loop output, remembering to make sure you have the receiver in tuner mode.

Tuner Preamp? Harry Muscle General 2 June 16th 04 07:17 PM
Tuner Preamp? Harry Muscle Tech 51 June 16th 04 07:17 PM
McIntosh Tuner preamp - opinions wanted Stephen Frankel Audio Opinions 0 October 21st 03 04:32 AM
Sony Preamp and tuner recommendation John High End Audio 1 October 18th 03 06:02 PM
Pioneer SX-1980 tuner, VU & lights dead, amp & preamp fine JC Tech 0 July 14th 03 09:25 AM