Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Who needs Europe, anyway?

By significant margins, Europeans have high hopes for a potential
Obama administration, according to a Transatlantic Trends poll of 12
European countries.

Forty-seven percent of Europeans believe an Obama victory in November
would lead to a better relationship between the United States and
Europe, versus just 5 percent who think Obama would weaken the trans-
Atlantic relationship.

By comparison, only 11 percent think Sen. John McCain would strengthen
European-American relations if he were elected president.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/200...politico/13312

We've proven that we don't need them. USA! USA!

LoL. I remember the headlines from the Guardian in the UK after bushie
won in 2004. There was a large blank white section and in about 14-
point type it just said "oh god".

Here, to refresh our memories:

http://www.slate.com/id/2109242/
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

[...]

How many wars did he start ? Perhaps you'd like to remind me.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.tubes

Default Poofie B'ar, self-styled arbiter of PC-ness

Poofie brayed:

How many wars did he start ? Perhaps you'd like to remind me.

Getting forgetful in middle age, Poofster? Next thing you know, you'll be
chewing suppositories and inserting breath mints. Don't let them keep you
alive on machines. Make out a living will for god's sake.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in
message
[...]

Flawed logic. If someone doesn't have the opportunity to start a war, you
can't give them any credit for not doing so.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Sep 10, 3:04*pm, Eeyore
wrote:
[...]

Perhaps the tongue-in-cheek sarcasm was over your head.

Anyway, I think the answer is one more than he should have.